I've been reading alot about BHO on here, please critique my what I think I learned!

mine is parts from all over, works great. Also partially why I love triclamp…

Can you imagine having to order everything from one place? Fuck that…

2 Likes

Omg like imagine having to buy someone’s “proprietary clamps” because they have specific grooves somewhere or it’s welded differently that attaches to the triclamp that’s also proprietary and custom welded to a degree of a slight difference, such an insignificant difference and they could up charge by 250$ for that insignificant difference.

That’d suck so much. I’m happy triclamp is extremely universal.

3 Likes

I have clamps that have a different shape knotch on the side that holds the bolt like the holes where drilled at different spot idk…for some reason they don’t fit together the same…but idk might be my mind

1 Like

Ah yea I think it just varies with bolt size. I have a heavy duty one that is 3/4 bolt while others work with the 11/16

2 Likes

Bhogart are really wide on the edge, the ones from killer are smaller, and others are dif sizes for sure and mixing and matching as @StoneD said will definitely be a bitch

2 Likes

But it’s not…

Maybe on a select few parts from certain suppliers. But Ime, tri clamp fits tri clamp…

2 Likes

Make no mistake. Being licensed I still look up to your solutions. Shedtek and Ghetto tek definitely worthwhile searches on here thanks to you.

You wish…

I’ve had bins with a mixture of four distinct and incompatible double bolt clamp implementations.

What I found most interesting was that the BHOgart stamped 1.5” clamps were by far the beefiest.

Mixing and matching clamp halves is a bad idea.

I tossed the vast majority of those clamps…

No disagreeing here; except for the clamps themselves. Both halves need to match. or you’re asking for trouble.

Wish I’d taken the time to document the variation.

Caught this one during that matchup

4 Likes

ISO 2852 was abandoned because of all the variation coming out of different suppliers I believe

1 Like

I don’t do that. Put two different clamps made by two different brands side by side and there’s a difference. There’s a difference between a Hfs 6"clamp and a glacier tanks 6" clamp.

What I meant by extremely universal is by the fact that you can mix and match a triclamp spool with another brands triclamp spool and it wouldn’t make a difference all that much. As long as you can pass a pressure and vacuum test.

Connecting a different brands clamp to another brands clamp and running a cls shouldn’t be attempted, ever.

2 Likes

Thank you for the kind words, we try to do our best! Yes was a pleasure to meet you, glad that worked out! Don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or need anything else.

-Alex