It's Willbillytek. Duh

As usual stupid lab errors :joy: let it crystelize in a tight neck flask :joy:
And as usual the reactor is a hotwater boiler with some triclamp welded on works like a charm
O by the way this is cbd-a

10 Likes

@ Roguelab: Ok…we have a genuine ā€œsalterā€ here. Nice job on the HW heater with 3ph mixing head ?.nice.
What amine did you use? In this type combination of the salicylate moiety
in combination with a protonated- alkyl amine…it is possible the salt…
is a liquid.
Definition of ionic liquids: An ionic liquid (IL) is a salt in the liquid state . In some contexts, the term has been restricted to salts whose melting point is below some arbitrary temperature, such as 100 °C (212 °F).
So the product after solvent evaporation may look like a ā€œresinā€ā€¦???
Ammonia salt:
now if you decarb it…do you find the CBD left in jar…and smell the ammonia as it goes off?

One additional thought, Willbilltek is running into the thousands of comments.
Why not spin off derivative subject matter. Cannabinoate Salts: the known knowns?

6 Likes

Nice reactor!!

Thx I would recomend these hotwater boilers
Defenatly for cold reactions for the insulation keeps ice from forming in the outside
And with rxn times of 48H you can imagine what a glass vessel would look like at -10C

That’s the last thing I wish to do all this effort only to keep the A :grin:

4 Likes

How do they work for heat?

That depends
They are very good to make liquids hot
But it depends on if the reaction needs to be done dry
Most have a coils inside Wich when heated does not dry the inside
There are jacketed types and the so called tank in tank types
These are my favorite to work dry
Only down side is it s extremely hard to add or weld additional ports
And you will have to place them on a strong magnetmixer (diy)

3 Likes

Makes it too easy to find…

3 Likes

Are you able to test the powder for the NH³ or know where its peak would land on the GC

2 Likes

GC is non-trivial (not happening on the rig I have access to).

…but there are other ways of performing that identification, and I’m reasonably sure @Photon_noir can get it sorted once he gets his hands on it.

7 Likes

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_imp:

I’ll make plans for a road trip very soon

5 Likes

Hey man, my rig is wide open. Somebody give me something worth playing with!!

Where is the geometry?

2 Likes
2 Likes

I smoke broccoli

2 Likes

Black then white are all I see in my infancy
Red and yellow then came to be, reaching out to me
Lets me see

As below, so above and beyond, I imagine
Drawn beyond the lines of reason
Push the envelope, watch it bend

Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind
Withering my intuition, missing opportunities and I must
Feed my will to feel my moment drawing way outside the lines

Black then white are all I see in my infancy
Red and yellow then came to be, reaching out to me
Lets me see
There is so much more
And beckons me to look through to these infinite possibilities

As below, so above and beyond, I imagine
Drawn outside the lines of reason
Push the envelope, watch it bend

Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind
Withering my intuition leaving opportunities behind

Feed my will to feel this moment
Urging me to cross the line
Reaching out to embrace the random
Reaching out to embrace whatever may come

I embrace my desire to
I embrace my desire to
Feel the rhythm, to feel connected
Enough to step aside and weep like a widow
To feel inspired
To fathom the power
To witness the beauty
To bathe in the fountain
To swing on the spiral
To swing on the spiral to

Swing on the spiral
Of our divinity
And still be a human

With my feet upon the ground I lose myself
Between the sounds and open wide to suck it in
I feel it move across my skin
I’m reaching up and reaching out
I’m reaching for the random or what ever will bewilder me
What ever will bewilder me
And following our will and wind we may just go where no one’s been
We’ll ride the spiral to the end and may just go where no one’s been

Spiral out, keep going
Spiral out, keep going
Spiral out, keep going
Spiral out, keep going

Maynard J. Keenan-

3 Likes

Can anyone post a straightforward GLG style SOP on these colored diamonds? Using cynical skepticism and limited experience of delving into trade secrets I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s just blue azo dye. Seems Occam’s razor applies more often than not in these areas of industry and IP.

4 Likes

Someone should Post up a straightforward GLG style SOP :rofl::man_facepalming:
All you have to do is Think about it logically… If it was just as easy as adding Azulene you dont think it would’ve been recreated already? :man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming:

Good luck finding someone to open source the SOP :call_me_hand:

1 Like

he might not be able to get an open sourced sop but the sop price has come down significantly over 2022 as more people have figured it out.

id have to think the sop can be bought for $10k or under at this point… a far cry from what was asked in 2021

1 Like