It's Willbillytek. Duh

Yeah pretty much what those distributors are offering is guaiacwood essential oil which ranges from amber to green and is extremely thick. The main constituent is valerianol. There are about a hundred different hydrocarbons in it but no guaiol. No one seems to have a clue that what they’re selling as “guaiol” contains anything but guaiol.

So if you’re going to do some R&D, save yourself some trouble and order tech grade synthetic guaiol from Sigma. Otherwise you’re going to have one big mystery soup.

4 Likes

Seems like if you wanted guaiol to be cannabis derived it would be best to find a strain high in it and do a methanol wash.

1 Like

Looks like its acidic terpenes crystal that may be ph modulated or not

Then the terpene is clear during the start and turns blue while crystallozing

Guaiol shows up at less than 0.1% in flower so I wouldn’t count on that ever being scalable even with chromatography.

Guaiene on the other hand can occur in higher amounts and often makes up 5-10% of the total terpene content.

1 Like

11 Likes

Only problem is guaiene isn’t crystalline. Also, can you site your sources that guaiol absolutely only shows up at less than 0.1%?

This thread is a giant Terpmeme.

3 Likes

Or maybe just avoid concentrating insecticides :person_shrugging:t3:

You can drink a few glasses of water safely. Now go drink 5 gallons.

I don’t really care who does what, just making an observation.

1 Like

I’m pretty surprised no one has made a “tastes like Christmas” meme of you, lol.

5 Likes

That sounds delicious. Where can I purchase some dabs with this in it?

1 Like

So don’t consume terpy extracts?

4 Likes

Most terpenes act as insecticides for the plant. Any sauce is going to be concentrated insecticides so to speak, and at higher concentrations.

13 Likes

I love me some insecticides

2 Likes

I can’t imagine any bugs would survive being covered in distillate, nor crude for that matter :man_shrugging:t3:

6 Likes

Maybe this is why they started legalizing weed extracts. They know we’re poisoning ourselves and they’re happy with that.

4 Likes

That’s why liquor is legal now, right?

3 Likes

And shitty fried food.

Its metal. I saw an article/interview on it, with the guy who found out about it. they use metal molecules to make it blue. If someone can inform me more please do.

Terpenes are definitely the plants natural deterrent along with the sticky oil

2 Likes