It's Willbillytek. Duh

Photon is a busy guy. He also isnā€™t on the forum but once a month or so. If thereā€™s a delay, it could be for any number of reasons, including that the particular NDA used by thewilly could infringe on oneā€™s ability to offer consulting. He also just may not have had time. Iā€™ll ask him when I talk to him later today.

We all know more info is coming. Why not just relax and keep on keepinā€™ on?!

7 Likes

So, if the key to getting higher is more CO2, Iā€™m gonna take a drag off a joint and huff a tank of CO2!

If CO2 causes better lung expansion for better absorption, why donā€™t athletes do iron lungs pumping in equal parts of O2 and CO2 to avoid muscle fatigue?

Iā€™ll tell ya whyā€¦

Over absorption of CO2 (not that smoking a gram of THCA would be enough) will cause blood acidosis causing the kidneys to produce more bicarbonate to adjust blood PH. Not a good thing which is why your body has a fail safe to adjust this. Which is why the lungs, after absorption of inhaled atmospheric air, dispels the waste product of breathing air. Which isā€¦

Wait for itā€¦

CO2!

Thatā€™s also why they can check for acidosis through breathe tests.

The alveoli in the lungs store more oxygen also in instances where oxygen levels are lower in the blood as a fail safe as well. A bunch of storage tanks if you willā€¦thatā€™s why they take blood gases (via an arterial draw via vein) because the body hasnā€™t had time to absorb what ever inhalant you inhaled. More accurate readings for gas poisoning.

Has to be a balance.

3 Likes

Just to be clear, I do not support his previous statements. Was just correcting his reference to carbon density since elemental carbon is not generated in the process he is referring to.

2 Likes

Agreed.

Iā€™m plenty relaxed, concerned, sure, but Iā€™m not stressed or upset. I do feel bad for having caused @TheWillBilly stress, especially considering he thinks Iā€™m doing it intentionally. Even after stating multiple times that I just want them to be safe.

Blue diamonds look cool as hell, and Iā€™m an advocate for innovation in every form, provided it is not at the sacrifice of wellbeing or progress. Iā€™ll admit, I want to know how they are made, not so that I can make them though, and I certainly donā€™t want his specific SOP. Itā€™s not really in my nature to want to copy anyone elseā€™s work, which is why I R&Dā€™d my own CRC SOP. Iā€™ll reiterateā€¦ I just want to have some sort of affirmation that they are relatively safe.

5 Likes

I kinda feel a bit responsible for this one, maybe anyway.

I havent seen this anecdote or claim shared or said before by anyone else other than my self and now Willy. A couple times and places Ive said almost exactly the same reasoning and wording that thca is stronger because of the co2 expansion/ extra push.

Willy def could have come up with this independently, its not that large of stretch, great minds think alike :stuck_out_tongue:

Though I will say I dont think this is whats happening, i did say it in jest.

Also, I havent tried anything else yet, im not looking to market or make these for sale so my focus is elsewhere. If I was I would be trying to cocrystallize with terpenes that are also crystalline. Most of yaā€™ll can probably find menthol crystals in your local vape stores or overnighted via amazonā€¦

It was discussed decently in this thread on icmag:

3 Likes

I clicked the link but got this: ā€œThat action could not be completed. Please try again, and if this occurs again please contact the system administrator and tell them how you got this message.ā€

Edit: Searched for it on google and got the same message, perhaps it got taken down?

2 Likes

Stop hating bro

4 Likes

Looks like the icmag forums are having issues at the moment

3 Likes

cause you never went to school for chemistryā€¦ :rofl:

so the final compound is a salt?

ā€œSaLtā€

Keep laughing as you walk to the bank. :100:

11 Likes

Is this something the wealthy say to the wealthy? Cause Iā€™m just here for the science dude.

17 Likes

No I did the military and then came back and did the a&p program and a little bit of botany with some random classes sprinkled in lol.

Now Iā€™ve got a dream job in HVAC with nowhere to go but up :metal:

Iā€™m a firm believer in that saying ā€œJack of all trades, Master of none. Though oftentimes better than a master of one.ā€

You guys are damn smart with chemistry here I will say that!

Iā€™ve learned enough from everyone here to be able to make diamonds myself but this blue diamond tek is simply beyond me until I hear the process from someone or see it lol.

Im just excited to try them when I meet the guys in April!

4 Likes

10 Likes

plus thats how the science community actually operates. information is shared openly in order to push EVERYONE to be their absolute best.

2 Likes

Amazing! Apologies for the comment then my manā€¦ so glad you are learning and working towards bettering yourself and contributing to the field!

1 Like

But absolutely not how the cannabis industry works.

6 Likes