It washes the cannabis and then it washes the cannabis some more

Yeah. Also this oil was sensitive to oxidation – we had to roto at 40C or less to get it to stay this light, and an attempt at sugaring in a vacuum oven also darkened it (still way better than the typical EHO out there). I’ll post a COA soon.

2 Likes

Vote for name:

1.The Monroe crude

2.The platium crude

1. Ethanol monroe

2. The “platinum”:smiley:

3. The lemonade

Edit: cmon people join me in on this one, suggestion!! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Spray Shine

4 Likes

Yes, @Capttripppp , this is my original concept for the ACE40, but executed a little differently. Unfortunately, getting the manufacturer to build what I ask for is apparently impossible.

4 Likes

Dirty Bastards!

1 Like

So. I had a crazy though… What about using water as a mechanical separator…

Just for the sake of a common sense discussion…

Iike a sterioded up waterpolinator…:slight_smile: thoughts…

1 Like

If y’all want a way to get lots of solvent onto biomass in a hurry, you could do worse than starting with one of these.

Of course, the 2" big brother of this one would be even better. I got the last two they had on clearance though, so you’ll have to hunt somewhere else for the big ones of you want a deal.

7 Likes

So jealous you got the last 2” spray heads available! I can’t find any used or marked down.

4 Likes

Yeah they’re super uncommon. It seems like Alfa doesn’t have a lot of distributors that are allowed to sell online, and I think they don’t allow discounts. So you’re likely to only and their stuff cheaper if a distributor has some stock and doesn’t want to be an Alfa distributor anymore.

If you call CPE they’d probably point you in the right direction. Call tomorrow because it’s a holiday in Canada today.

1 Like

If you get me a part # I’ll hit up our alfa distributor we get our plate heat exchangers from and I’ll see if they have any in stock

Lmk

2 Likes

I’ve never had any issue getting Alfa to just sell to me direct

2 Likes

As an OEM or as a contractor/end user? Usually it’s easier as an equipment OEM

3 Likes

Even before being an OEM, they sold me exchangers directly

5 Likes

Alfa is selling the SaniMega for $1050 and the midget for $388.

There is one sanimidget left on cpe for $225 so if that interests you i would jump on it to save $150.

I sent a quote request a few days aogo and havent heard back but the online chat provided me prices quickly.

That’s a super reasonable price for what you get.

2 Likes

Absolutely! I ordered one!

1 Like

Here’s a response I gave to someone asking about implementing this technique:

A system that is well optimized should be able to get into the 1L/kg range of solvent use.

1. Load biomass
  2. Spray from recirc tank until the cannabinoid content in your solvent hits an asymptote. If you recirc with a sanimega a minute should be more than enough in a CUP30.
  3. Spray from virgin etoh tank until you don’t get no more good stuff. This shouldn’t take much volume. Try 1L/kg to start.
  4. When recirc fluid hits saturation or your tank is full or whatever, send some of it off to secondary processing - probably a holding tank or filtration/whatever.

This really really terrible drawing shows approximately how I’d set it up from a logical/P&ID perspective if the boss was too cheap to buy a second pump. Three would be really nice.

Having the recirc&virgin tanks lower than the fuge would be helpful so the wash liquid can just drain into the recirc tank.

Inline analytics is pretty much mandatory on the outlet of the fuge if you want to actually use this system to its full potential.

9 Likes

I’ve been thinking recently about using say, a sani mega on a stick in the middle of a centrifuge, and welding four 1/2" nozzles at 90° increments around the circumference of the spray stick.

Feed those nozzles with the correct pump, and you could have up to a ~cube per minute of virgin solvent flow rate. Or, for the more reasonable of us, you could use 4x 1/4" and have ~5 LPM. The world is your oyster.

3 Likes

Minimalist implementation at -40C

Rinse “nozzle” seen here is where I started. Just a 1/2” tube I smacked with a hammer…

8gal/min was all that poor little pump could manage.

13 Likes

Now that I think of it some more…

This is acutally a mega giant supercharged spinning soxhlet extractor…

Thats running cold :crazy_face:

5 Likes