It washes the cannabis and then it washes the cannabis some more

Alfa is selling the SaniMega for $1050 and the midget for $388.

There is one sanimidget left on cpe for $225 so if that interests you i would jump on it to save $150.

I sent a quote request a few days aogo and havent heard back but the online chat provided me prices quickly.

That’s a super reasonable price for what you get.

2 Likes

Absolutely! I ordered one!

1 Like

Here’s a response I gave to someone asking about implementing this technique:

A system that is well optimized should be able to get into the 1L/kg range of solvent use.

1. Load biomass
  2. Spray from recirc tank until the cannabinoid content in your solvent hits an asymptote. If you recirc with a sanimega a minute should be more than enough in a CUP30.
  3. Spray from virgin etoh tank until you don’t get no more good stuff. This shouldn’t take much volume. Try 1L/kg to start.
  4. When recirc fluid hits saturation or your tank is full or whatever, send some of it off to secondary processing - probably a holding tank or filtration/whatever.

This really really terrible drawing shows approximately how I’d set it up from a logical/P&ID perspective if the boss was too cheap to buy a second pump. Three would be really nice.

Having the recirc&virgin tanks lower than the fuge would be helpful so the wash liquid can just drain into the recirc tank.

Inline analytics is pretty much mandatory on the outlet of the fuge if you want to actually use this system to its full potential.

9 Likes

I’ve been thinking recently about using say, a sani mega on a stick in the middle of a centrifuge, and welding four 1/2" nozzles at 90° increments around the circumference of the spray stick.

Feed those nozzles with the correct pump, and you could have up to a ~cube per minute of virgin solvent flow rate. Or, for the more reasonable of us, you could use 4x 1/4" and have ~5 LPM. The world is your oyster.

3 Likes

Minimalist implementation at -40C

Rinse “nozzle” seen here is where I started. Just a 1/2” tube I smacked with a hammer…

8gal/min was all that poor little pump could manage.

13 Likes

Now that I think of it some more…

This is acutally a mega giant supercharged spinning soxhlet extractor…

Thats running cold :crazy_face:

5 Likes

not quite. although the solvent isn’t saturated, it’s also not fresh each time like it is with the soxhlet.

5 Likes

Whoa… Sry I fundamentay misunderstood soxlet it seems as i thought that ypu recieculate via evaporation and then coolin the solvent then ist heated up again…

Dayum midnight writings…allways make myself look like a stoned ass

“gracias per il explanation”

4 Likes

nope.

that’s absolutely how they work… but once you evaporate and condense, you have “fresh” (pure/without cannabinoids) solvent for each pass through your gin basket.

which you don’t have with the centrifuge.

it’s a great comparison. just not a perfect one.

if you ran the solvent through one of @MagisterChemist’s solvent recovery membranes between the fuge outlet and inlet, THEN you’d have

:wink:

13 Likes

That is the best idea I’ve heard in a very long time.

You’d want at least a couple of bag filters inline after the outlet but such a contraption wouldn’t be too hard to engineer.

… now I want a MGSSSE.

7 Likes

Am I giving ideas to the big gunz now?

Hmm seems the late night has might… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I smell waterclear qwet around the corner :crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face:

2 Likes

…and out from the spout came water-clear crude…

I’d claim “Texas gold”, but that’s apparently a felony

:shushing_face:

5 Likes

Well then let’s get you one!

:nerd_face:

3 Likes

This is what this community’s spirit is allbout… Grandious… :partying_face: :star_struck:

3 Likes

I think within about 4 weeks I’ll have just about everything on hand that I’d need to construct such a thing, assuming global logistics don’t make my life more difficult than they already have.

If you’re running a membrane system there’s no reason to run cold anymore.

A dry-loaded 800mm centrifuge should easily get into the 300lb/hr range or above. Call it 300 gallons per hour of solvent to be conservative, or three to four 4040 series membranes in the desolvation stage.

Good thing I’ve got two (three?) spare 800mm vertical scraper centrifuges on hand.

Who else wants one? lol

8 Likes

Me, but I hear my credit isn’t that good there anymore :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

I’ve got access to one…but the damn thing wants 25kW at 600V, and again: I can nay get the power Captain!

7 Likes

I can’t help you there, when it comes to electrons, I call professionals. Even my Electrical Engineer business partner calls electricians to do physical stuff.

Now that I think about it, we’re probably luck that I’m not the electrical one.

4 Likes