It washes the cannabis and then it washes the cannabis some more

A panda will need tied down. Which has been documented. No you don’t need a donut shaped bag, you don’t even need a bag. I switched to a simple ring of fabric in @Lincoln20XX’s 1kg prototype once upon a time. And emptied with a shop vac. Which was probably another one of those Bad IdeaTM‘s (also documented).

Chances are @Roguelab has gone further down this particular road

5 Likes

Are there any pix of the lined panda kicking around @cyclopath?

2 Likes

I bet a bag from a standard bag filter would be pretty close to working in a panda. Though I’d be shocked if someone hadn’t already tried that.

2 Likes

1kg prototype was not a panda.

Don’t see any pictures of the liner. We were using a bag (two actually) here. Almost doubled the loading by tossing the bags.

6 Likes

300mm basket if I recall correctly. I could snap some pics of it next time I’m in that quadrant of the warehouse if I remember.

3 Likes
2 Likes

5 Likes

Almost perfect size for a pan of sugar…

1 Like

Looks like it’s just about ready to ship too… I’ll happily store it for the inevitable future.

4 Likes

oohh look at that beauty 0.0

We’ve got plans for it, and while those plans do always seem to be a month or two out, I know the minute I get rid of it, I’ll be kicking myself for letting it leave.

I’m happy to make an intro to the manufacturer, or another one that I would recommend over the one who produced this one.

7 Likes

Man…you are an AI… you are amazing, love!
so freez material not neccesary
i will be post the machines when i finish

Thanks

1 Like

Damm this is amazing,. This Have a post procces with clay or carbon? Fresh biomass?
Thanks

Done with very high quality biomass (but cured). No post processing just this method, -20, very gentle rotovapping and then into a vacuum oven while still somewhat solvent laden.

It eventually sugared up, but I don’t have a picture of it in that state.

1 Like

That’s a nice size for fungal work!

1 Like

Supreme

Cats out of the bag?

you reckon it escaped through this damn hole?

7 Likes

So I’m working on a design for a ‘spray wand’ of sorts, for use in this method on a CUP-30 specifically.
i got this idea from someone who didn’t mind sharing or me using it, but the design as stated by this person does not quite work in theory or in practice. looking to get some feedback and to share in the case others want to work one up.

the idea is to improve upon the ethanol distribution of the classic CP spray ball, by taking a length of SS tubing and cutting a slit up the length, so instead of radial EtOH distribution from a point at the center of the spinning biomass bag, we get a ‘blade’ of forceful ethanol, distributing evenly along the interior of the biomass bag top to bottom, with improved ethanol penetration through the interior wall of the biomass bag.
20221005_155501

we’ve taken post-extraction biomass samples from the top and bottom of extracted biomass bags and found varying/uneven extraction from top to bottom, so i’m thinking this could help us with that.

though the idea was related as a single long slit, that’s obviously not gonna work as the flow will not come out of this slit evenly–it’ll come out mostly through the bottom end and very little out the top. i confirmed this with a super rough prototype built out of scrap tube i had around.

so, i’ve got a few other ideas i figured I’d run past the community. below are some rough sketches of theoretical arrangments for slits or holes, in the interest of getting even flow from top to bottom, preferably in a ‘blade’ spray.

1. graduated perforations - this won’t get us the ‘blade’ idea but would better pressurize the wand and hopefully allow even spray from top to bottom. looks somewhat like the ‘nozzle’ style sprayer as pictured towards the beginning of this thread.
  2. graduated slits - a way to get even spray top to bottom, retaining the ‘blade’ spray.
  3. smaller graduated slits - same as 2, smaller slits for higher pressure/higher velocity 'blade.

anyone doing anything like this? what say you friends?

4 Likes

I think @cyclopath told me a company once that makes sprayers like this. I can’t recall it’s name.

2 Likes

@cyclopath said you need slots on both sides of the tube to keep the machine balanced. He’s played this game and will probably comment when he isn’t neck deep in projects around the lab.

6 Likes