Issue: Devol above 150C

Yeah I’m either gunna have to pull faster vac or I’m gunna have to pull out the trash on the wiper. Never had to do this though, so I don’t know if it’ll work…

1 Like

True. I use diaphragm pumps on all rotos

1 Like

What pesticide is it?

It’s not pesticide, I suspect it’s silicone oil; I think someone had the feed drum too close to the oil bath and it got spit into

Deleted. I don’t have experience removing silicone oil

See I would have to assume if it’s boiling out at volatile stage, I could remove it doing a heads/devol strip, But I’ve never had to remove silicone oil either

I would start by figuring out how to clean silicone oil off of surfaces very well.

Then take a small amount of the oil and see if it distills under these conditions in a smaller roto.

Maybe it can be detected with an MS

I would also put it into a short path and see where it ends up at different temps and vacuums. You’ll figure out if it could be silicone oil causing this and you’ll learn if it can be separated with vacuum and temp

Should come out in the heads fraction. What type of silicone? It might be soluble or not soluble in a solvent

2 Likes

Either caldera 7 or Duratherm s

Bp is about 310C at atmosphere so uga its lower then cannabinoids by alot (400-435C) a good strip should take it out… id circulate a few times to be sure. But granted, also i would chuck the material just based on the concept. But sometimes you gotta do what you xan to survive. Fire the person who fucked up lol

2 Likes