Isomer or Synthetic Compound ? - Delta-8

i am devoid of any flaws or lack of knowledge, how dare you!

/s

1 Like

Does every thread have to turn into a pissing match!?! So fucking ridiculous. You guys are like a bunch of kids on a playground…with degrees no less! Sheesh…

12 Likes

In the United States, D8 could easily be approved as “natural” if a producer went through the process to do so. If one processor did this with a compliant product it might set some precedent on what is going on.

It pretty much all comes down to isotope signature. If it’s made from naturally derived materials it can be deemed a certified natural product, converted or not. It’s fairly easy (but expensive) for labs to determine if a product is “natural” by the loose definition that we use.

The word “natural” in the United States really does not speak anything to cleanliness or purity anymore. It just means it wasn’t made from petroleum products. Products made from petroleum products contain unnatural carbon structures that are basically just extremely old. Natural products made from plant or animal sources will not.

D8 would not pass as natural in many other countries. “Natural” in the United States can still be converted. It usually just means it’s more expensive, lower purity, and might have some bonus pesticides in it. That’s not to say there’s no such thing as 99+ purity natural chemicals but it varies so much more with natural materials. Some things are just plain better quality when made synthetically. Rarely does natural actually mean the type of natural that we think of, like straight from the plant.

3 Likes

isn’t “willy” also slang for penis? IF ALL YOU HAVE IS A HAMMER…

1 Like

WEPrVzG

11 Likes

The government has forced us to use legal terms as scientific terms. To me, that’s like using colors to describe flavors.

Tastes like purple bro.

11 Likes

Here’s an analogy you might actually be able to relate to:

If you adopt a kid, it doesn’t biologically become your kid and no amount of furious two-degree-willybillying will ever change that.

3 Likes

Purple is definitely a way I describe a specific taste though lol. It’s like the grape Kool aid… doesn’t really taste like grape but I describe it as purple taste

7 Likes

Bro I get don Julio 1942 for $3 a bottle. If you wanna keep up in the this industry pay attention

2 Likes

to the kid adoption industry or the other one?

Here’s what I gather. From a chemistry perspective, the THCs that come from reacting an acid with CBD in solvent are considered the product of a semi synthesis reaction. That is assuming the CBD is plant derived. This is elementary.

Apparently, the pharmaceutical industry defines this differently. Opiate vs opioid is a classic example of why I don’t care how the pharmaceutical industry decides to label things.

And that is before even discussing the useless definition in the farm bill that has led to an apparent loophole because clearly nobody ever talks to chemists.

3 Likes

Exactly.

They don’t. The distinctions are between a naturally occuring compound (natural), the same compound made from biological building blocks (semi-synthetic) or (at least partially) by a biological organism (biosynthetic/biotechnological), and the compound made without any directly and naturally derived precursors (fully synthetic).

Pharma only cares if microorganisms or other potentially microbe-laden sources are involved, like humans ewww when processing blood products.

3 Likes

2 Likes

Thank you for the clarification then. That lines up with my knowledge. I’ll pretend the “phamauctical” industry says otherwise. :wink:

1 Like

Is this purple drank derived from synthetic purple flavor or semi synthetic?

4 Likes

Yet…

8 Likes

Natural vs. Synthetic: Natural chemicals are produced by nature without any human intervention. Synthetic chemicals are made by humans using methods different than those nature uses, and these chemical structures may or may not be found in nature. This definition means a synthetic chemical can be made from a natural product (i.e. naturally derived).

2 Likes

You’re not wrong, this is the definition of semi-synthetic.

6 Likes

I sort of hope not. I wouldn’t mind @Killa12345 setting a timer after 100 replies but lets not EC this one. This is a good thread.

2 Likes

https://www.naturalproductsinsider.com/labstesting/reduce-botanical-adulteration-carbon-14-testing

Easy reading for a similar scenario.

D8 made from hemp derived CBD could be legally recognized as “natural” in the United States. We all agree that a chemical reaction took place meaning that to us, no, it’s not natural. To the people that regulate our industries it could be deemed “natural” assuming the appropriate testing was conducted. Arguing back and forth is a waste of time. We all know it’s not truly natural but the problem is that “natural” means very little in the US.

So my point is both sides of this argument are technically correct.

4 Likes