Isolate Lab Review @ruderalis710

Not necessary a scam, perhaps just an handling error on very large batches, unnoticed.
Isolated wax can be pretty white. What I’m describing above could have happened in the same reactor.

As I said above, the presented data seem rather quantitative than qualitative.
Wax would also pass unnoticed if lipid content isn’t noticed at this point neither (e.g. if dark tubes are employed for sample prep…).

1 Like

@Stevenvhoang - Hoping the Isolate we’ve sold you on multiple occasions has always met your expectations. If there’s ever an issue, rest assured we’ll make it right.

2 Likes

And now that I remember. One of early isolate I got to analyze was like that.
Would not dissolve well, unless slight heat was applied. And something was precipitating back after a while. Results where about 90% and more scattered…

Was likely the same issue in fact.

3 Likes

Assuming CBD isolation is being done in a non polar solvent, typically pentane, how would waxes “clump and segregate”?

1 Like

also assuming they doing it at low temperature, one could expect waxes to segregate faster that CBD, just by freezing.

Marginally. If it was that easy we would just extract (or winterize) with cold pentane instead of ethanol

4 Likes

and then you would likely also loose more cannabinoids at the same time.

The solubility of waxes in cold hydrocarbon it not that greater, especially if you offer large cold surface to precipitate, and are dealing with a concentrate. Aren’t some people winterizing online with LPG extraction ?

I just imagine such thing could occur in a large reactor and be unnoticed, using a waxy input.

1 Like

Ya if you get super cold you can dewax a bit inline with butane.

And if you don’t, crystallization is difficult.

So again I’m interested in the implications of attempting to crystallize CBD out of (or within) a fatty matrix

Because if its that simple, why winterize in ethanol at all, why not just skim the lipids when they supposedly coagulate in the pentane crash and float to the top?

A little water added right there would be very interesting

3 Likes

@TomSCook your isolate has never failed me either. My business associates and I appreciate all the quality product that your network has provided. Thank you again!

4 Likes

Sorry to derail this convo. Check my DM to you @Stevenvhoang

1 Like

why is everyone pretending they dont know that cbd crashes out of practically any solution over 40%?

of course you can have crystallized cbd with plant triglycerides in there…

5 Likes

Because ethanol still offer a great solubilisation of the cannabinoid.
It is a great segregation agent.

You can crystallize CBD room temp in various oils.
If you wait long enough, you even see it crystalizing int 50-60% extract at room temp (I guess it is the acid there). But that takes long time… CBD extracts generally seems much more waxy than THC ones.

But I don’t think this is happening within the waxy matrix here. Rather next to it, or even around. As the components segregate.

If you “freeze” a concentrated CBD/hydrocarbon mix, in a very clean vessel, you see it separated into layers. Most of the CBD sinks to the bottom and form a denser layer. (CBDv appears to be quite soluble in that layer) This would offer more space for waxes (if here) into the solvent. But this also offer them the possibility to move more freely and clump faster.

Have you ever seen it crash out of an ethanol solution?

And if it crashes out of a lipid solution, then when @Stevenvhoang purchased this, wouldn’t it have been immediately evident that there was a layer of lipids on top of his isolate?

I’m assuming the lipids were homeginized with the isolate for him not to have noticed them

yes

no

you seem to be very much on the defensive here and im not sure why.

as far as the scientific legitimacy of stevenvhoang’s claims… theyre legit. attack from another side

4 Likes

I once crashed THCa out of ethanol by accident. Pics are on the forum somewhere.

4 Likes

That’s what I was questioning. How could this be apparently half lipids without it being blatantly opposite just looking at it? Everyone’s talking about field tests and dissolving in solvents but OP is saying he’s losing more than half to lipids. I guess I just don’t see how that would even look like CBD isolate at that point.

I for one will say I’ve had nothing but good exchanges with @Ruderalis710. I am sure he is doing what he can to make this right. Sounds like he was just trying to get the full story from OP before proceeding with someone he’s only ever had one transaction with.

1 Like

There’s no attack here, not sure how or why you think that’s what questions are.

If the CBD isolate was crashed out of a lipid solution, where would the CBD be relative to the lipids?

1 Like

Can we see the *pre-*dissolved isolate? We haven’t actually seen any pictures of the isolate itself. May we see some of those?
Edit: In fact, can we see pictures of the batch from both @Stevenvhoang, and @Apothecary36?

4 Likes

This is where I don’t exactly understand either, and is why I am asking questions.

6 Likes

CBD and lipids will precipitate at cryo temps when dissolved in an alkane. So if waxy distillate was dissolved in an alkane and then subjected to cryo temps both the CBD and lipids would “crash” out.

1 Like