ISO master grower with experience in Live Soil Organic indoor/GH

I’m looking for a consultant and or potential employee with extensive knowledge in live soil organic indoor grows. Wanting to discuss everything from SOP’s to IPM etc.

Thanks for time in advance

Use the term master grower loosely as you look for someone, their ego may have the better of you. Just food for thought, all of us are great at what we do but still have room to learn. :call_me_hand:t3::call_me_hand:t3:

That being said what location & buildout style are y’all looking to do? Pots or beds? LED or HPS DE?

Also there are many threads here that may peak interest for you as many others share their experiences here for their grows as well.

8 Likes

All hail the all mighty MAsta grower… :rofl::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

Seriously, master growers make $30-40k on average to water plants. You would be better off paying a consultant that has moved to be independent. Just food for thought.

16 Likes

Precisely, the last “master grower” I dealt with few years back couldn’t even get rid of the pest problems the facility had & everything I suggested to him back them he’s using now :joy:

On a serious note hope the OP finds some good help

1 Like

I think it goes without saying that anyone calling themselves a “master grower” should have probably been ostricized from the industry back in 2018.

2 Likes

You really need to concentrate on your lighting spectrum, as much as your soil building. Your goal is to get the plant to do everything it does well, naturally with little to no assistance. You need PAR , Far Red, and UV-B, before you even try to get indoor organic living soil buds. You can try without, but your yield will probably disappoint.

3 Likes

Touché to all the above! Indiana, LED, open to discussion as to raised beds or buckets.

1 Like

Just keep in mind to talk about PAR with whom ever you decide to have guide y’all in the proper direction as @vortal had mentioned it will be very important for you plant growth & the ways that your living soil will perform.

IMO you’d likely get better return with beds as you would be allotted more canopy space than with 150-200 gal pots indoor. But that also depends on if you’ll be doing rolling tables or stationary & what turn around time you’re looking to do for harvest.

2 Likes

For me growing with living soil is pretty easy . Water source is important . Your going to need a nice RO system to get rid of the chloramine in the water . I find top dressing to be one of the easiest ways to grow with living soil with good results . I like to use plant therapy , flying skull, and dr.zymes for natural pesticides, fungicides , and insecticides . Look into buying premixed bulk dry amendments for top dressing . When brewing compost teas i like to use insect frass , kelp , fish emulsions , bat guano , and many other things . Testing your water to find out PH, PPM , Tds , and EC is important as well . This way when your brewing a compost tea you can dial in your feedings . There are many ways to

4 Likes

Dairy farmer buddy has loads of composted and leached cow manure. You just have to get the salt out and worms will absolutely thrive in it. It is the perfect NPK and aeration/fiber content. He loads it up into sandbags and grows indoors with it. If the ladies ever need a refresh or green up, he makes a compost tea. So simple! It is the loudest flower on par with KNF I have ever tasted.

5 Likes

That leached part is important. Most bagged manure comes from feed lots where the cattle are overcrowded and it has too many salts from urine.

My outdoor soil that grows huge plants is mostly old cow manure and rotted hay. Farmers put the big bales of hay in the field, cows stand in that spot and poop, and then leave the last of the hay to rot with the manure. The soil ends up looking like compost.

2 Likes

Thank you very much for the details! Very helpful

Just ask any “master grower”, If they are a master why don’t they have their own facility?

The answer will answer all of your questions @Cannonhale.

War stories are good for books.

4 Likes

ive put so many thousands of hours researching, does that make me a master? Im kidding and wouldnt apply for the job because im not a master. My mom is a master at finance- shes broke though.

is that farmer using rainwater?

That farmer is using rainwater for leaching and well water for the garden indoors.

1 Like