ISO 3" Triclamp endcap/lid with sight glass for diamond miner

I haven’t ventured much outside the rosin thread for a long time. I was unaware of the legacy of misinformation behind the topic. I see now the issue with my wording… allow me to edit my language and accept my apology. I meant no harm!

1 Like

thank you dear. I’ll go medicate.

1 Like

I really opened a can of worms with that one. Ok…so @Killa12345… you have 3 inch inline sights right? pressure tested to what psi?

Chiggity check your phone. I has one

2 Likes

Much luve

@cyclopath check your dm

1 Like

yep…

LOTs of folks absolutely convinced vacuum will lower temperature.

it’s about activation energy.
which is pretty much ALL about temp.

yeah temp and pressure ARE related. but it would be INCREASING pressure one would expect to increase the fraction of molecules that had the required energy, not DECREASING it.

what’s your target range? so long as you’re not swinging the temp too far, or going much above 25PSI, you should be ok.

and by ok I mean, it doesn’t matter who else pressure tested it, YOU need to test it up to 3 or 4 x your working pressure (repeatedly, to failure, if you plan to sell them!), and install an appropriate PRV at 20-30% over “working”.

assume that the nuts have all moved since it was correctly assembled. loosen them, then very deliberately apply even compression (tighten outside nuts), followed by locking (tighten the inside nuts).

in this case I would recommend using a something along the lines of a 15 gal beer keg or 50 gal drum filled with water to slow and contain any shrapnel you might generate.

you can also fill the glass itself with water, and pressurize with air from there to decrease the energy available to any sharpnel (compressed gas is essentially a spring. smaller spring == less dangerous glass bomb).

you only need to “leak” test up to (just below) your prv set point (air in tank of water). then take it up a hair and pop the prv. note where it seals again. confirm it’s repeatable (3x).

see: Hydrotesting.

edit: …and yeah, that rant assumes solvent. It wasn’t really aimed at YOU…

i thnk they are only rated for 115 psi. ive seen them go way higher but thats the actual rating

2 Likes

for reference for anyone using these with hydrocarbons and a recovery pump:

a CMEPOL will take them up to 350 if you let it.

a trs-21 will aim at 450PSI and not quit till it gets there.

I’ve left equipment in locked rooms with those, or the original Caresaver which would actually CYCLE at ~450PSI. you could tell if it 'sploded before 450, AND if it was leaking. from the safety of “way the fuck over there”.

3 Likes

Uh oh. What did I not know what I was talking about this time?

1 Like

You’ve seriously been on one lately dude, whether it’s people asking stupid repeat questions or discussing old topics it’s really not that serious and people 100% don’t need you jumping all over them because of it, take a break and recharge your batteries, this place is supposed too be about open topic discussions not getting told off by a long time user for asking a question or having a simple misunderstanding :v:

3 Likes

Vacuum does not reduce decarb temp. Period.

That is all.

Take that however the fuck you want to.

1 Like

Not the point I’m making man, your being so negative and abrasive when you cold bring some positivity and insight to the conversation, you can say the exact same thing in a way that actually stimulates the conversation and doesn’t attack people who have less knowledge than yourself

Op was deliberately obsfucating their process (all well and good. You’re a master at it. Props).

That was the ONLY reason they “misspoke”.

Knowing them personally, and (assuming) they knew better (should, since they’ve been reading along for years now). Hence:

No negative. No positive. Just facts ma’am.

And repeated attempts to
a) solve problem as presented
b) keep everybody safe
c) leave trail for those who follow.

Not slashing at you. That was a blaze on the fucking tree behind your head.

By all means shoot the messenger. That will guarantee you have misunderstood the message.

1 Like

I hope you find peace and see the possibilities that being more positive can bring you :grin:

1 Like

Not a chemist.

But if I become more positive, won’t that
A) drive positive away
B) get me surrounded by negativity?

:thinking:

2 Likes

go zwitterionic

1 Like

I thought I had…

Guess I should adjust the pH in my espresso machine

1 Like

Dead :rofl::rofl::rofl: I am guilty of obfuscation but it’s all been sorted proper now eh @cyclopath?

1 Like

absolutely.

I should get back to getting the gorgons from our gas gone.
(or at least cheering the smart ones from the cheap seats)

pretty sure I heard someone say there were two.
three would be more historically/hysterically correct.

metaphors as two by fours
beat that horse to drink
im not trying to be a prick
just make that fucker think

2 Likes