Is this thing just a fire waiting to happen?

I have the megahome version. Looks just like a water distiller with no temp controller, but it is only 350 watts. The water distiller version is around 550 watts.

This one has digital temp control, but mixed reviews.

BEAMNOVA Water Distiller Countertop Kit Adjustable Temperature Display Glass Collection Carafe Jug Stainless Steel Pot Purifier Temperature Controlled https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07N6JRKFM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_ODfvDbNMTCE53

nice one , how well does that work for recovery etc rates , vapours , safe etc ?

I wouldn’t recommend using them without temp controller. And there is a bunch of vapor loss judging by the smell.

I’ve been meaning to rig up something to try and pull a vacuum on the system. I was going to use this and some 5/16” is tubing.

I have a vac chamber that I use a induction cooker with. Bare bones here in PA

11 Likes

This is the one I have.

http://www.megahome.com.tw/en/4-machine.html

Just noticed this note. Wasn’t there when I bought it.

Please note: Please never use distiller to distil high concentrations alcohol or over 50% isopropyl alcohol in order to avoid malfunction.

I wonder if malfunction = fire.

looks like the place I bought it from only sells the water distiller version now.

1 Like

Had plenty of those runs a few years ago outside. I would only let friends smoke bowls around blast site though :wink:

HAHAHAHA i Loved the iSo-2… thing looked like a damn alien space ship!!!

1 Like

I bought one of the smaller models several years ago for recycling ethanol that I use for cleaning up after extracting. I use what remains after being distilled for making a tincture (sleep drops for myself) After putting it through a heat/vac for a bit I take two grams and mix it with one oz of MCT… heat/stir to decarb and end up with a tincture that tests at the lab as 5%. End product is a tincture that makes for a good nights sleep with about 10 drops.

You still interested in selling?

So…

if they still have an E-toe pro from august 2019, why do you imagine it would be a worthwhile purchase?

2 Likes

I’m confused. Why wouldn’t it be? I drive trucks from the 80s, live in houses from the 70s, wouldn’t it be a good thing if it was still running? So many people got into this industry in 2019 and got out within a year. So much barely touched equipment just rotting. Nah

if they still have it, AND have been trying to sell it since aug 2019, it seems pretty clear nobody wants to BUY the damn things…except maybe you.

what exactly do you imagine THAT indicates about the device?

Oh man. People find anything to complain about. This isn’t Craigslist or eBay it’sa pretty obscure site. Good day! Not into going back and forth for no reason.

Complain?

:rofl::joy::rofl:

It’s an obscure website dedicated to the use of such devices…and that device doesn’t have a great reputation.

If it’s what you want, by all means seek one out…I believe you’ll ultimately be disappointed, but you’re not interested in hearing that. I do suggest you read some more

EtOH Pro or no?

I’ll give you that @Graywolf gave the device a decent review.

EtOH Pro or no? - #73 by Graywolf

…and if you click on a users avatar, you can tell when they were last here.

@Doyathang has not visited this obscure website in a bit…

So if you’re dead set on wasting your money on an e toe pro you’ll have to keep looking

Is there others that are… not obscure?

Obscure is probably a feature rather than a bug.

Certainly when this place was obscure, the signal to noise ratio was much better.

It was also thrown as shade by @Tphunk…so your mileage may vary.

1 Like

Wish I was here sooner.

1 Like

Imagine going back a few million years to say… the Cretaceous period and discovering 100ft tall cannabis plants producing heads the size of grapefruits.

I wouldn’t use time travel for anything ethical.