Is this thing just a fire waiting to happen?

I was thinking it looks cool, then I thought about the 190proof and electric

2 Likes

I know people who have used these and never heard of a problem. Furthermore the quantity is quite small

4 Likes

I’ve seen plenty. They are fine, just small and a little slow imo

2 Likes

I was looking at the bigger model. Not to buy because it is $2k, but to see how it works.

2 Likes

iso 2 machine was/is safe made in the 1970’s
it uses a 100 watt light bulb for heat.
i am sure that being newer it would be just as safe.
Lrus007

5 Likes

I hear there is a fusion reactor nearby that will take us all out in flames at some point.

assuming we haven’t already taken ourselves out of the game

11 Likes

That’s kind of grim…

2 Likes

Better off a commoditized Chinese rotovap and a commoditized Chinese vacuum oven or a heatvac chamber.

3 Likes

Also, think if it this way 2L-hiwever big rotos get of etoh recovery in a tried and true ethanol recovery unit or … small batches like 2grams dude. Not worth the turbo.

Also you’re gonna need to purge that oil nmw. So you’d need a heatvac chamber or a vacuum oven.

2 Likes

The EtOH PRO can handle 4L, and can be used in place of a vacuum oven to purge, but you need another vacuum pump.

I’ve been thinking about trying to add vacuum and heat control to a counter top distiller to kinda make something similar.

But yeah, a rotovap is probably a better investment.

2 Likes

5L rotos arent that much especially the re-501 china model

1 Like

Wait 4L recovery?

EtOH PRO ( ē-toe pro) is great for the home or small business. It is made to be a workhorse with a large 4 liter (1-gallon) capacity for heavy lifting.

This machine has dual functions with ethanol recovery and post processing purge capabilities. ‘Extract Mode’ allows for ethanol recovery to produce oil. ‘Purge Mode’ can then be used to post process the oil further into more stable concentrate forms if desired.

Still better off with a 5L roto

2 Likes

I saw the demo and I wouldnt really trust that. It looks as janky as a homemade kugelrohr .

The guy also claims the oil ready to use right away in the demo which it’s not, it still has traces of alcohol.

My tabletop alcohol distiller is 4l/hr.

Which one do you use? Does yours have the adjustable temp?

Yes
Ebay
125.00 iirc

1 Like

post a pic of the one your using please @Demontrich