Is this thing just a fire waiting to happen?

that’s what I’m using , it’s shit , temps too high for IPA , lose about 30% due to vapour , not safe so looking for an alternative , needs to be electric , thinking of a moonshine still , methanol recovery too , any help appreciated

Your using an water distiller above, no wonder why the temps too high. H2o bp is way higher than alcohol.

Buy an alcohol specific distiller.

Ebay
Search alcohol distiller
It will have a temp adjustment knob on front. It wont let me save the link in my ebay app.

1 Like

I have the etho pro. Looking to sell for 1k to pay some bills if your interested. Thank you.

1 Like

I’m aware of that bro , I know which one you’ve got looks similar but with temp control , ye pulling off 4l per hr with no loss , thanks for heads up on what you’ve got

something like that bro

1 Like

Well, there are tricks I’ve found to help mitigate the vapor loss once shes flowing. Your still going to loose etoh, but better to recover 80% vs losing 100% by air drying.

Another reason I love my rotovap. Zero vapor loss. But at a decent $ to get started vs 120.00 table top

yeah bro , we ran the methanol through the SPD at 72c then through a long hose onto the yard then through to collection vessel in ice bath , worked ok to be fair , but if that table top will recover safely outside I’m not bothered about losing some to be honest , as long as its safe
is that one I posted similar to the one u have ?
4litres an HR is good too

what rotavap u got bro ?

I have the megahome version. Looks just like a water distiller with no temp controller, but it is only 350 watts. The water distiller version is around 550 watts.

This one has digital temp control, but mixed reviews.

BEAMNOVA Water Distiller Countertop Kit Adjustable Temperature Display Glass Collection Carafe Jug Stainless Steel Pot Purifier Temperature Controlled https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07N6JRKFM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_ODfvDbNMTCE53

nice one , how well does that work for recovery etc rates , vapours , safe etc ?

I wouldn’t recommend using them without temp controller. And there is a bunch of vapor loss judging by the smell.

I’ve been meaning to rig up something to try and pull a vacuum on the system. I was going to use this and some 5/16” is tubing.

I have a vac chamber that I use a induction cooker with. Bare bones here in PA

11 Likes

This is the one I have.

http://www.megahome.com.tw/en/4-machine.html

Just noticed this note. Wasn’t there when I bought it.

Please note: Please never use distiller to distil high concentrations alcohol or over 50% isopropyl alcohol in order to avoid malfunction.

I wonder if malfunction = fire.

looks like the place I bought it from only sells the water distiller version now.

1 Like

Had plenty of those runs a few years ago outside. I would only let friends smoke bowls around blast site though :wink:

HAHAHAHA i Loved the iSo-2… thing looked like a damn alien space ship!!!

1 Like

I bought one of the smaller models several years ago for recycling ethanol that I use for cleaning up after extracting. I use what remains after being distilled for making a tincture (sleep drops for myself) After putting it through a heat/vac for a bit I take two grams and mix it with one oz of MCT… heat/stir to decarb and end up with a tincture that tests at the lab as 5%. End product is a tincture that makes for a good nights sleep with about 10 drops.

You still interested in selling?

So…

if they still have an E-toe pro from august 2019, why do you imagine it would be a worthwhile purchase?

2 Likes

I’m confused. Why wouldn’t it be? I drive trucks from the 80s, live in houses from the 70s, wouldn’t it be a good thing if it was still running? So many people got into this industry in 2019 and got out within a year. So much barely touched equipment just rotting. Nah