Is this forum a shit show? Mod Edit: Let's improve it as a community šŸ¤™šŸ¼

I was gonna suggest this as well and volunteer, @Future sent you a dm about it

Dudeā€¦Business comes first my bro. We are all super proud of you. You need to feed your family and friends. WE LOVE YOU here but understand you need to strike while the iron is hot my friend!

No shame is being successful and needing time to figure of how this all works out for your business! I was just saying we need a few on the boards at all time.

11 Likes

A poll for new leaders on the forum, or more moderators, whatever.

I like @Killa12345 's idea as well, community moderation on each thread.

Edit: I would nominate @cyclopath myself, if he was interested.

10 Likes

If there was anyone in the world I would reccomend it would be @cyclopath. I have never met the man, but I agree with his ethics.

8 Likes

I agree. I do like it that he corrects people when they are doing something wrong or in bad practice. We actually need more of that. He is one of the most knowledgeable in the majority of topics.

9 Likes

And heā€™s about to get the 365 badge!

9 Likes

yeah Iā€™d be willing to do it too, Iā€™m not the most knowledgeable around here but Iā€™ve been here since the start and Iā€™m on here all day during work hours and can certainly help clean up stuff if needed.

5 Likes

Same. But I also agree that they canā€™t just go making mods with out some sort of vetting

5 Likes

The mods need to be at the level of a consultant. We canā€™t have someone who doesnā€™t adhere to proper practices, governing everyone either. If they arenā€™t up to speed on safety and proper procedures. They shouldnā€™t be qualified or considered.

3 Likes

I think before everyone starts nominating themselves in this thread. There should be a total separate thread dedicated to members that would like to volunteer and for the others that vote for those potential moderators.

This is kinda how threads go off topic.

I think there has to be a criteria. Minimum time here. I dont think the Level of Consultant is necessary as there are equipment manufacturers and dispensary owner here too. There has to be a certain level of post and threadsā€¦

There needs to be a criteria created and we as members should vote on it. What we want and need as a community.

8 Likes

I meant level of knowledge. Someone who has no experience in a licensed facility. A dispo owner or manufacturer will know proper practices. Someone with a lack of knowledge and proper practices should not be considered.

Time on here also means nothing. Thereā€™s people here that have been around since the first day, that still have no idea what they are doing.

3 Likes

It definitely means something. It means theyā€™ve been around long enough to know the forum rules. Which is all a mod needs to enforce.

A mod does not police good/bad information, only violation of site policy

17 Likes

I made @Soxhlet a mod because he is constantly flagging posts that violate the rules. Which I then had to go through and take moderator actions to close. Figured he might as well have the ability to close the comment/thread right then and there.

@cyclopath would be another candidate I would support

6 Likes

I think level 3 membership is a minimum requirement

7 Likes

It very well does, you are correct. But, it also doesnā€™t. If they are contributing and helping yes. I was more implying that someone being a member for a long time doesnā€™t necessarily mean they are qualified

Letā€™s make sure we all know. I donā€™t want to be one. At. All. My days are far too busy.

Moderation of the site, yes. I agree with you. As far as removing posts that shouldnā€™t be on, deleting comments, etc.

4 Likes

Thats a really good oneā€¦There are only 52 members here that are level 3. I think that should be the minimum for sure. And its a great list of individuals too.

Very few on that list i dont know as real contributors hereā€¦its really a great start

2 Likes

MeekMill

4 Likes

Exactly, sometimes you get the key board heros that think they have the ā€œcorrect every bad practice badgeā€

I think that GLG as a minimum requirement would be a good idea. Time is $$$ and being a mod consumes much of your time.

7 Likes

Love it!!! :clap::clap::clap::clap:

9 Likes

Glg membership shouldnt make a difference. A regular makes alot more sence

5 Likes