Is this forum a shit show? Mod Edit: Let's improve it as a community šŸ¤™šŸ¼

Data dump?

The GLG forum is underused tbh. My fault, Iā€™m hiring a ceo and a book keeper. Give me more time for the content generationā€¦

Im down to empower the people of this forum to help improve the community. Thatā€™s what that word means, right?

We should start with this thread. Letā€™s develop an action plan based on a list of upgrades.

-We need a creative way to entice the use of the search feature.
-Better individual category description threads, to include hot links to the most recommended subthreads, and act as permanent pin within said category
-FAQ category, with a select few crucial posts, including category description threads, and a mandatory reading time there before being able to post the first time? @sidco

What else?

11 Likes

@sidco that a feature we can play with?

3 Likes

Potentially leading questions before they post

What is your post about? List things. Distillate, hemp, extraction, diamonds, crc, cart diluent, etc etc. And possibly give them a link to that search topic and maybe theyā€™ll find their topic before posting something thatā€™s been posted multiple times over.

That might settle down the riff raff

Saracsm font?

Headers at the top of popular threads. Like otsst and crc. To add list of what to do and who to contact t, o help out people with finding their desired info easier (crc thread is over 3k comments), and cut down on repetitive questions

3 Likes

Agreed, build us a header template.

1 Like

Hereā€™s the FAQ category. Itā€™s only open to mods, admins, and level 4 users posting, open replies. I closed the intro post to maintain control of the first couple reply spaces.

1 Like

We need to put together a comprehensive list of FAQ and implement a search engine modifier so people can search all the individual FAQ pages and keep the search separate from the rest of the site. That would make it easier for new people to find what they want without having to sift through all the casual conversation.

I think we need to close the loophole if someone edits a flagged post it becomes un-flagged.

I think the place need to nominate a few more leaders to edit stuff that needs be edited.

11 Likes

I agree

7 Likes

I bumped editing privileges up to level 2.

7 Likes

Also, you now have to be level 1 member to post without mod approval.

The FAQ needs to clearly relay the way the system rewards member level advancements

11 Likes

@KnowledgeSeth quote

1 Like

:left_speech_bubble: Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared. ā€” Buddha

18 Likes

:100: as always my G and i didnā€™t even have to use the search feature. :dragon:

3 Likes

Dear @Future
Sadly i am not so computer friendly
I would like to link and do to Many questions but the fact is i don t know how
Maybe an explanation of the posibilities
Tread for regulars would make iT more understandable to fools like me
:grinning: As the working of the advanced tutorial tread

4 Likes

I donā€™t fully understand your question

Stupid as i am
I don t exactly know how the menu in massages etc work and what My abolitys are in messaging links etc
For i can t find a tutorial
Sorry :+1:

1 Like

I donā€™t think itā€™s a shit show. One thing I think might be good would be more moderation of abusive arguments. Sometimes threads get derailed with 100 posts of bickering and insults and it never gets reigned in and contributes no content.

6 Likes

Perhaps make the front page feed Secondary then have the categories be more highlighted as ribbons instead of the box in the top left. Expand a search bar next to the future logo. andddd if going to restructure link/Highlight FAQ 's and most popular topics in respective category tab. lol, id learn how to mod sites if i could help i just read here while im in lab anyway. and yes the bickering with randoms in posts has increased some but it comes with growth.

1 Like

How appropriate. This is on the wall of my office.

16 Likes