Is this forum a shit show? Mod Edit: Let's improve it as a community šŸ¤™šŸ¼

Do you have any idea how wild it would be to try and keep track of which party fouled who with you? Was it every other person in the desert in Nevada that caused all the problems out there, or was it youā€¦

2 Likes

My mom uses (what I believe to be) your legal name, and I always have to connect the dots in my head. To me, you are Dred.

3 Likes

I go by screen names. And call you by your screen name.

7 Likes

Sheā€™s allowed to use it in any context she desires.

But, most do call me dred if they know me from this. Very rarely do get called my name unless they know me extremely well. I actually respond to it more easily now, too. It used to slip passed me like a rescue dogs new name

3 Likes

I think thatā€™s when it crosses into ā€œHandleā€ territory

2 Likes

Has anyone mentioned lately thereā€™s an election for more mods? Haha.

Donā€™t like the way the mods currently mod? Vote for people you think will. Itā€™s almost like our own little Supreme Court, if you like. 5 are bing added. Tip the odds in your favor.

RIP RBG. She was a certified badass!

16 Likes

Saved an archive of a thread closed due to doxxing, so that he could share the link to prove to us how unethical doxxing wasā€¦

5 Likes

Why does a forum run by someone who is so anti - government need any moderation. Grow some thicker skin or kick rocks

1 Like

This forum is run by the users, who have requested more self moderation powers.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s spoken like a politician :joy::joy::joy:

For the record, lvl4 isnt a moderator. They dont see or handle flags. This election is basically for the ability to split and merge topics, and help new users put topics in the correct categories.

13 Likes

Whats the forum equivalent of a janitor?

13 Likes

Still just a jannie

10 Likes

im the forum jesterā€¦ :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face:

15 Likes

@Future may be one of the founders, but he is not the community. He is a member of the community and a representative of himself. He also represents only a fraction of the total number moderating (running) the forum.

This certainly was not the response I was expecting. Really seems pretty out of left field, honestly. No need for animosity or hostility. Weā€™re having a discussion about how the forum is run, and I merely (lightheartedly even) suggested an option for potential betterment.

The thickness of my skin has zero bearing on my comment, and trust me, itā€™s plenty thick, thank you very much. Haha

9 Likes

Youā€™ll be Jannie Jester before too long. Say goodbye to the Killa handle!

6 Likes

I think people just wanna argue. Lol. You can say ā€œI love you allā€ and someone will still say shut the fuck up! :joy::rofl::joy:

Isnā€™t Friday night. Why is everyone arguing on the internet on a Friday. Arenā€™t we all high? If notā€¦might be good time to dab upā€¦on real weed. :crazy_face::wink:

13 Likes

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :v: :cowboy_hat_face:
Fuck Steveā€¦I think everyone can agree on that !

16 Likes

I also pay the bills, and extract value from this place. Not directly (note you are all here for free, with the exception of hemp Slanger verification, which someone could have come to me with the idea and ran with it if they had chosen toā€¦ Probably still good, and do a better job :man_shrugging:t3:) but via the connections, a resource available to everyone here.

We reinforced the platforms ā€œFlaggingā€ system for user moderation, and are now bringing 5 elected lvl 4 users on board to help keep things organized.

If the community decides there is some better way to improve the experience here, Iā€™m all ears.

One quick way to have a better time, stay out of the Echo Chamber

17 Likes

Well, for what itā€™s worthā€¦ I enjoy, and appreciate this place. I think this place is filled with mostly good people; no different than anywhere really. Iā€™m thankful that I found this place, and Iā€™m thankful for pretty much every post. Iā€™m either shown something, or having something reaffirmed with about every post. The wealth, and access to information (and the people on the bleeding edge of development) is unprecedented, again in my opinion.
So, for all the bitching, I just wanted to say something positive. Thanks for making this place available, and thanks peeps for making it entertaining!

Iā€™ll shut the fuck up now :man_facepalming:

16 Likes