Is there a Market for fresh Hemp flowers?

Hello All.

Do you know if there is a market for Fresh Hemp flowers?

I tried chopping up some fresh hemp flowers and adding it to my mix salad. It tastes pretty good. The hemp flowers is a bit tart.

Thank you for any input/comments you can share.

5 Likes

Might be a fun thing to have at a farmers market or somethin. I’m pretty sure that anything hemp is gonna sell haha

Edit: Got salad pics? Get in touch with one of the cannabis cook book peeps and help it get some hype!

4 Likes

@Kinsmanofthesun thank you.

I am trying out a couple other dishes with fresh hemp flowers.

1. Italian hoagie sprinkle with chopped fresh hemp flowers.

2. Grilled portabello mushrooms burger with sauteed onions and chopped fresh hemp flowers.

3. Vietnamese Banh- Mi (sandwich) with grilled chicken marinated with lemongrass and chopped hemp flowers.

Okay…all sounds delicious and I am getting hungry now.

8 Likes

Pics or it never happened bro! That all sounds delightful!

@Kinsmanofthesun. I will take pictures to document from farm to table for you. I will send you a DM when finish my documentation. This is going to be super fun documenting my cooking with fresh hemp flowers.

2 Likes

Marinated chicken served with lightly stirred fried hemp flowers.

Pic 1. Starting ingredients

4 Likes

Pic 2. Hemp flowers in separate parts.

3 Likes

Pic 3. Pan fried chicken with stirred fried hemp flowers in the middle

4 Likes

Pic 4. Marinated chicken served on bed of lettuce garnished with stir fried hemp Flowers

6 Likes

Hahaha lv it
Do a ground up hemp edible body scrub soap

There is a pick your own hemp farm in Maine.

The farm hasn’t ironed out pricing yet; Marcus says she expects the price will come in at around $50 per pound of fresh, untrimmed flower.

3 Likes

Well, how does it taste?
Next step is a Hemp flower cookbook.

@pahemp. The hemp flowers is a little sweet when you pan fried it. If you have too much hemp flowers , the taste is a bit tart.

3 Likes

Hemp gone be the new kale! Throw it in smoothies! Gah! The possibilities are endless!

4 Likes

Try to juice it. Like how people do wheatgrass juice shots. Full spectrum extract…

4 Likes

That’s a great idea!

Lil glass paned grow in the back and a restaurant in the front!

The rules for selling medicinal hemp as a food product vary a lot by state but it seems pretty stupid to keep people from eating fresh greens…

4 Likes

Should be priced like kale by the end of 2020. :joy::rofl::joy:

7 Likes

Would juicing actually pull cannabinoids out?

1 Like