Is there a Market for fresh Hemp flowers?

I would think most would come out if the juicer has a high enough working pressure. The leftover dry fiber
would have some residual im sure. As long as it it done fresh…

1 Like

My juicer just got gummed up trying to juice buds.

Could juice leaves, but I couldn’t drink the juice because of the taste.

@blackie. I think an option would be to make something like a warm hemp flowers cream soup. Use chicken stock, and being to a boil. Add 1.5 cup of fresh hemp flowers into the mix. Let boil for 2 minutes. Add some sugar + ginger for flavors. Pour whole pot into blender and blend away.

Blending flower at room temperature will not work because of the oil and sticky texture of the flower.

2 Likes

there would be in wa state but they decided last month to made consumable cbd illegal

@organicmechanic206. Too bad Washington state made that decision. The decisions kills the whole consumable CBD market in WA…very sad to hear this.

Today, Senator McConnell of Kentucky urged the FDA to provide guidance for consumable CBD.

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) is moving to insert language into a congressional spending report that calls on the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to clear a path for the lawful marketing of hemp-derived CBD products.

FDA has said that allowing CBD to be sold as food items or dietary supplements would require it to develop alternative regulations that could take years to complete without congressional action. But McConnell, who was the chief proponent of a hemp legalization provision of the 2018 Farm Bill, isn’t interested in waiting around.

Source.

2 Likes

Would you eat it again?

Would you be able to run a COA on before and after you cook? Different cooking Temps will vary the cooked spectrum and you can make recipes.

Now I’m picturing hemp buds and leaves for sale in the fresh area at Kroger’s.

2 Likes

@pahemp. I would definitely eat it again. It’s pretty tasty. I will take you suggestions and send in some cooked samples to the lab for the COA.

Thank you

1 Like

I am all about this and will share a couple things I learned;
cannabis buds are very similar in taste and nutrition to broccoli. cook it like you would broccoli florettes. roast it. add cheese to it. my favourite way actually is deep fried. if you deep fry them in coconut oil and add salt it tastes like popcorn. im hungry now. also save those fan leaves for cannagars. couple ways to make one, if you have a large enough one you can roll it with one leaflet dried to the level of a blunt wrap

1 Like

I know a guy who sells fresh hemp flower bouquets at farm markets and natural foodie type places.

He runs East Fork Cultivars out in the Illinois Valley.

6 Likes

Forreal doe

Edible hemp bouquet…after the decorations is done…you consume the hemp flowers.

2 Likes