Is SPD legal?

I go by the golden rule, it’s only illegal if you get caught

13 Likes

In michigan to be legal recreationally you cant extract in a residential zoning.

If you are a medical patient you are still protected to extract at your home. They took this away breifly a few years ago but quickly turned it back.

Hemp at this point is largely unregulated by the state and is being handeled by local regulators who dont have much to go on but what we tell them.

MI will give you a hemp license for pretty much anywhere you want to be, then you have to get past the local heads and walk in a straight line on one foot etc. They aren’t telling us how or where to extract and we still dont know exactly how “right to farm” protects us (or doesn’t)

I hate zoning. I won’t buy property in a town with zoning. There are towns with no zoning. I have lived I three places in the last 15 years, and none of those places have zoning.

4 Likes

My town doesnt have an electrical inspector. So i have to goto the state for my inspections. My town doesnt have a health department so i have to go to the county for septic and well permits.

It would be a whole lot cooler if i didnt have to get anything inspected but it is what it is

1 Like

Is the law specific about what type of extraction is legal medically? Also if you have a link to the exact wording that would be great.

2 Likes

The law protects patients in the “medical use” and the medical use is pretty encompassing.

For instance when Mi medical first came out in 2008 we thought only patients would be protected. That is not the case and now a caregiver is protected in production and consumption the same as a patient.

If you have any specific questions its probably best to talk to a lawyer. The law and its interpretation change with the wind…

I’ve had lawyers who say they specialize in cannabis tell me bad info about the law in Maine.

Your best bet is to read and understand the statues yourself. Then discuss it with a lawyer.

4 Likes

I know some people who went south for a cruise. They though, oh I’ll take brownies instead of nugs. Long story short they were arrested and charged with possession of a concentrate. But wait theres more… the border patrol weighted the bag of brownies (2 or 3 lbs) and proceeded to charge this individual with possession of a kilo of concentrate… know your laws, and avoid the boys in blue at all costs cause they can really ruin your day…

2 Likes

brownies are the worst stealth imaginable for edibles. Personally id crush frozen disty with maltodextrin or something like that and capsule it up, put it in a bottle of supplements

6 Likes

1:1 in MCT in a bicycle chain lube bottle…

viscosity and color were perfect.
dogs would have spotted it.

3 Likes