Is N2 really mandatory with coils?

So people keep telling me that I need n2 to run coils for injection but I had a better idea so imma run it by the community. Instead of running n2 I’ve decided to run a hose from a recovery gauge manifold to to a T in the injection hose to use the vapor pressure from the recovery pump to push instead of N2. My material column is sleeved and I run DI in the so I think I’m in the clear of any vapor lock. Solvent>coil>material>crc>collection>mole sieve>pump>gauge manifold>coil>room temp recovery vessel. To my knowledge of extraction this should work yes?

Running mediabos crx and 50/50 B/P

Have you tried the search bar?

3 Likes

Yeah I have and I get alot of mixed bullshit so if you don’t wanna help a guy out why don’t you take your hating ass off my dick please. Tryna make moves like the rest of the community not be a dick

2 Likes

I’m not an active guy, but believe this is called a hot loop.

N2 is they way imo. And cheap as fuck to set up and buy.

With what youre currently are talking about will you be able to charge headspace of solvent tank? (Doesn’t sound like it but asking because I haven’t rocked a set up like that)

4 Likes

I don’t say it to be a dick brother. You asked the same question last week and got your answer, didn’t take me long searching to find it. Try it both ways and report back

7 Likes

Yeah I didn’t like that answer. I found out the issue was a clogged injection coil.im not gunna dump my slurry everytime lile that lol. I removed the coil and just injected into my sleeved columns. Had no issues. New coils came today and wanted to cross my Ts and dot my eyes.

1 Like

The answer you didnt want to hear is the answer you need. You are running passive and your collection point is your material column, get a coil dry ice slurry that inject in and out - dont soak for long times unless you got a corken, a -40 to -60 column with a mvp will equate to needing nitro to move it everytime. Not gonna have success either if your collection pot is hot and your column is cold(i mean you can have flow but you can have better.)

Your suggestion is something thats been discussed here hundreds of times. stop being a dick and accept that the answer you didnt want is the answer you need. Also if you chill with an injection coil after the solvent tank your solvent tank will have head pressure and assist in the push… get it to cold however and once again the solvent will chill your column to a point that the butane will not want to flow. BUtane will go to the point of least resistance, what has less resistance a heated vessel with 50-60 psi recovering butane or a -60 column with 0 psi…

The internet is full of bs its up to you to test and weed out the shit

13 Likes

I means what’s to charge? I run a sleeved material column it’s going to inject either way.

Time to throw the towel in boys!

6 Likes

Have you even read anything about using n2? This question makes me think you haven’t…

Lol

Is this a @thumper or @44northorganicfarms alt?

6 Likes

You’re 100 percent right I don’t know enough about n2 to run it yet. Like how do I push solvent? Would you hook up the n2 to the vapor port on the solvent tank? And do you have to purge out the nitrogen before recovering. I have a 228cuft tank in my lab that I can use but don’t fully understand how to use it clearly. I use it for pressure testing my system for leaks.

1 Like

Yes. Exactly. Just use a 1/4” line and a regulator. Charge headspace (use vapor port like you said) to desired psi and let er rip.

I never actually use n2 directly on my column, only in the headspace.

You can either burp off your n2 from collection or vac it out through your recovery/solvent tank (this is the better option if you have a Venturi style vac)

2 Likes

Oh that’s not that complicated. I appreciate your guys patience with me too and apologize for getting hot headed, I’m just a little confused and annoyed because my buddy runs a mep xt70 and he literally runs a injection coil without n2 and his columns fill without a issue. I understand how the corken can suck the gas out but how the fuck doesn’t his machine vapor lock?

1 Like

Is he running his solvent tank warm? If so that could be enough psi to push through an injection coil and fill your column. Doubtful it would’ve enough psi to go through a crc…maybe just maybe with media bros, never tried because I don’t run my solvent tank warm.

His solvent tank runs at room temp. And each column runs through its own crc. I’m as shocked as you are, was kinda hoping my machine would work this way but it definitely doesnt… so I need to fill a order by Monday and my n2 tank is empty, do you actually think I can get away with putting my solvent tank is a hot water bath for vapor pressure? I’m running 50/50 mix so I bet I could get a good 120psi outta it when slightly heated

I personally wouldn’t do it. But it may work…I don’t want to say go for it and fuck up a whole run for you lol

But only one way to find out…

2 Likes

starts running hot water :stuck_out_tongue: I’ll lyk fam

1 Like

If you run propane at 120 psi rumor has it that you can achieve a hot dewax

2 Likes

@terplord420 didnt you mention something to me about hot propane runs? iirc it was you. Maybe my memory is failing me lol

2 Likes