Is cannabis a miracle?

I guess that’s where we differ. To me it’s not about your backyard, or it growing without your help.

Cannabis was here long before us and grew without our help. Plants in and of themselves are again miracles IMHO but that’s another tangent.

1 Like

I wish idealism was effective against greed and corruption

As they say,

wish in one hand and shit in the other and see which fills up first

Guess I’m jaded

2 Likes

Doesn’t fit the bill for me. But it is a fine example of plant evolution and human symbiosis. The scientifically proven and culturally proven benefits are immense.

6 Likes

To me, that’s a damn miracle. I don’t know.

2 Likes

Couldn’t have said it better

2 Likes

Have fun with shit in your hand :ok_hand:

I’ve lost enough in this life to not live that way. Every day you wake up is a miracle IMHO.

To me, exactly what he described is a miracle by the very definition #2 he posted.

Hell yes! You do you my friend. Far be it from me to rain on your parade.

I believe it is a very important part of natural medicine and do not flippantly dismiss the value of cannabis…I just prefer a more practical explanation other than divinity.

I was raised by atheist hippies that practically worshipped cannabis.

2 Likes

Given us by the OGsus…

5 Likes

Definition #2 said nothing of divine intervention. Not trying to make this a debate about God.

1 Like

Cool. Well then yes…I believe cannabis is a miracle by the second definition

1 Like

Sorry I could have been more clear :+1:

2 Likes

Definitely should define what you mean by miracle a little more. It’s pretty open ended.

Probably wouldn’t change my vote fwiw.

1 Like

I wanted to leave it subjective but I edited the first post to clarify I did not mean that it necessarily needs to be tied to theology.

1 Like

Do I think it’s a miracle substance, absolutely not. But do I think weed can benefit people, yes.

I do think everyone being so flippant about industrial hemp is a problem, that has the most potential to do good I say.

2 Likes

In your opinion, are there any miracle substances?

If you know of one stop holding out! Bahaha.

I respect your perspective and I think that we all agree that this plant has so much potential to benefit society as a whole. I love the plant and the effects I experience when I utilize it but to say it is extremely outstanding isn’t completely accurate to me. There are so many plants that have evolved defense systems or other reasons to synthesize molecules that have medicinal qualities. A large percent of modern medicine has been derived or inspired by plants.
I think by the second definition we as a species being able to utilize our intelligence to breed the plant and help it evolve, being able to extract the plant, being able to perform scientific repeatable studies, and finally being able to communicate and share that experience or Medicine with others in our species-that is a miracle by definition 2.
No other species we are aware of can do the same. Without us the plant would still just be that. Along with the many other plants/animals/fungi with highly beneficial molecules.

3 Likes

Well yeah, I guess we agree then. I’m not trying to strip it down, just stepping back and being appreciative of everything that has gone into it, people, nature, otherwise.

Do you consider cannabis THE most medicinal plant out of all the ones you just refered to?

Every species of fungus

2 Likes

Strongly agree

2 Likes