Is Buchner filter the best for filtering close to 50liters

I switched from a buchner to a filter press and it has been life changing.

3 Likes

10” hole in one end, 6” in the other.
Yeah, it works…

Just got to get the 3D bed in there set right, protect it from disruption from in coming flow (pour in my case)

Oh, I was thinking of just cutting the bottom off a tall 1/4 barrel keg and using it as the funnel into a 1/2 barrel keg as the receiving flask. Utilizing the 2" openings that already fit onto a tri-clamp. Though I guess I would still have to weld a porous plate to the bottom of the funnel to support the mesh filter and 3D bed. Which means I’d still have to pay someone with a plasma cutter and tig welder to get the funnel together. Probably still way cheaper than a pre-made setup, though.

2 Likes

Not recommending my solution. It was what I had. Just confirming it works :wink:

2 Likes

Check out Sambo Creeck Filtration!

Industrial Filtration Equipment Q&A

What kinda filter press? I do all my rough cut in a 10.25 bel art then into the freezer for 24hrs and then I use my stainless steel for the final 1micron and straight into the roto.

2 Likes

what a sweetheart.

It’s an aluminum 10" 7-plate press with an air-driven diaphragm pump. Fun tip: where the pressure gauge was installed between the pump and the plates, I teed it off and added a 1/4" air fitting. When done pumping, I connect the air line to that fitting and blow air through to de-water the cake.

1 Like

Nice sounds efficient. Any way I can get pic to better understand, I’ve seen a few modified maple syrup presses that work pretty good, but your sounds a lot better

6 Likes

I like it, very nice. Sourced yourself its not a pig from summit? If i ever needed to do that much that definitely would be the route i would take. Are tou doing etho exyravtion or bho. Im all bho, if i could turn the clock back 5 yrs id would have startwd with etho, but in those days you couldnt biy half rhe stuff you can now , and sure as sbit no one was sharing info. I called pope back in 2014 and they asked what company and business wiring etc. i told rhem id just dly out and oay for it and they hund up pretty much.

2 Likes

@Chimeraleaf Have you received your Rotavap?

Not yet, looking like it’s still a few weeks out.

I’ll post an update when I receive.

How was the Customer service with LanPhan so far?

I can see a 25%import tariff coming also.

It’s only 10%, and if your getting charged 25% you haven’t kept up on tariffs. That was going into place on Jan 1, and is temporarily halted right now.

Thanks for my container ain’t in port till December 8. If you don’t need these tools for 2 months. You should look into alibaba sourcing all the shipping for you with their door to door sea service if the shipping is over 2-3k.

2 Likes

Not sure who makes these. Can’t get the all knowing one to produce a link. Saw them in San Jose, and this one belongs to a client

9 Likes

You got any closer pictures of the lids and the welds. You sure that’s made in China? What’s it used for?

The spool welds don’t look Chinese too me

1 Like

Big Buchner.
Drain droid X3
Winterization
Scrubs.

Chinese for sure

2 Likes