Is Buchner filter the best for filtering close to 50liters

What would be the best way to filter a lot of crude for the winterizarion process? Should I get a bunch of buchners? Should I have multiple stages of filtration?

1 Like

google drain droid

Look around here for sambo

1 Like

I use 2 of these and they work great for filtering 60-80 liters a day using the welch 2062 diaphragm pump. Multiple stages of filtration works great with bho crude

5 Likes

do you use the hocstrom to filter carbon ?

I think he’s referring to 50L of crude a day… not 50L of to tincture

Yeah I do stage two filter with carbon over a silicate bed with those hochstroms

2 Likes

I dont know why you are referring to tincture in this thread it hasn’t been brought up

1 Like

Your filtering 60L of crude a day with 2x hochstrom filters? Running 24hrs?

60 liters of winterized 10:1 crude yes? 10 hour shifts but it only takes like 6-8 hours to filter that

2 Likes

60L crude is different from 60L 10:1

2 Likes

Bruh just use household water filters properly staged with a diesel fuel transfer diaphragm pump (breaks internet)

6 Likes

@SamboCreeck.com

How quickly could your small unit solve OP’s problem? And at what cost?

Tincture is the term for resin dissolved in etoh.
What @El_Z was saying is 50 liters of undissolved crude is more than 50 liters of tincture.

1 Like

50 liters of crude is about 500 liters of tincture for winterization. Probably beyond the scope of the big 12" buchners.

These might work for ya.

4 Likes

Big fan of these filters. So easy to clean!

I mean 50 liters of tincture I’ve also been hearing 10:1 isn’t even necessary, maybe a 9or8:1

Disclaimer!!! This is an overpriced buchner that has the slight advantage of being able to seperate into two pieces.

In my opinion this product is egregiously overpriced

6 Likes

Yeah man I knew what you meant. Were on the same page

1 Like

That’s cool dude, these hochstoms work well for me! I think you just want to hate cause its summit

4 Likes

He is a equal lab society hater too. Lmao. I like his honesty though.

2 Likes