Is anyone running indofabs utili filters?

Like dropping in a sock… but for media. :grin:

4 Likes

Looks like the benefit is fast crc swaps. Drop in a new stinger and take the crc media away from the machine and swap the media out away from the extracts.

3 Likes

I’ll explain some more in the media thread. I really think it’s a convenient way of multiple size filtration in one

4 Likes

Since I can run two 6x12 crc’s it wouldn’t be worth it for me but those stingers are super dope if you’re changing out media every run. I put like 1200-2000g of w1 in each crc and am able to run 3 6x48’s through each. So I can run 6 6x48s without having to swap any media. So as dope as they are for a .22 filter and fast media swaps they’re too pricey for me. I really hope you’re guy’s vertical style .22 filter isn’t too long for my collection chamber. I have a feeling it’s gonna be perfect cause I rarely go above half full

2 Likes

I run the .22 in my honey pot (collection chamber) and it’s epic.

I like to recover some solvent backwards through the filter back into the hot dog (bhogart fam u know what I mean) this is super important for me, as clogging that thing with oil is a pain in the ass when your collection is dry and under vac. Also, I have to make sure to not form crystal chunks or to supersaturate my solution before sending it through.

2 Likes

I was considering getting the 6” and running them in my honey pots but thought I’d have to use more n2 than I’m currently using. Would you mind sending me a pic of your honey pot with filter. That’s what I originally really wanted to do

Oh wait duh (lol too stoned” just remembered why it won’t work in my honey pots. The injection port had a dip tube so there’s no way to connect one of the vertical ones. If I put a disk on it would block the sight glasses

I have the old school 10 inch honeypot with the welded bottom. I just threw it on the 2 inch triclamp

3 Likes

Ya I wish I could put a .22 in my honey pots but a disk would block the site glass and can’t figure out how a chemtek vertical one would work

You could put it in a small 2 inch spool and put the spool inline between your hot dog and honey pot. If your regs allow u to make that change…

7 Likes

Make a small crc type column w hemi lids on bottoms at least and have it go through the filter column before collection

@TRIPPIE said basically same thing whoops

5 Likes

I saw soul jelly extracts on ig make one out of the double sided NPT lid and a 1.5” 360 view sightglass

8 Likes

That’s how I made it work too. Love the filter

5 Likes

That thing was sexy

3 Likes

Put a compression fitting on the tube, get an npt-compression adapter and screw it together. If that filter still doesn’t work for your setup. Just get a gasket filter and put it directly after your crc.

https://www.arborfab.com/4SinteredMediaFilteringDisc

Select viton and 0.2 micron. Or 0.1 if you want to stop aids. They have 6", too. Just scroll down and they show other sizing options. I have several of these and I swap em out with each crc. Both of these styles of filters can clog easily with the right run. It’s up to you which one works better for you.

4 Likes

Do you use the Bizzy filter plate to support these?

1 Like

They are just a gasket filter. Metal plate held in with a viton gasket. After the media and 5 or 1 micron sintered disc (bizzybee, indofab, nboler, etc etc) it doesn’t take the pressure that the media and disc take. It drops drastically after the first disc and it doesn’t get damaged. I have one that I’ve been using for comfortably over 2 years

2 Likes

These are the absolute cheapest way for me to try .22u. Talked with @Mr-cloud and they have one that’s only 3.5” long which my collection never gets close to. Haha plus I think it would look dope having two of these filters hanging down into my horizontal collection

4 Likes

Ya that’s what we’re doing now.
Heavy remedy and then light color pick up.
Working well.
Def makes changing a big ass filter a once every 5 runs thing.

That’s what I run.

3 Likes