Iontrap testing and talk + SOP discussion

Also can you clear up if your company currently sells products to or in the cannabis and/or hemp industries?

I think that’s a more than fair question which could lead to more credibility assuming we believe that as well.

Thanks

Edit: Can you also confirm that the sop that was going to be worked up this weekend but has now been scheduled “on your own time” will be open source or a paid product?

This should be dirty. Still the method straight into spd may be even worse, because of longer residence time, higher temperatures, also the fact that the ratio of reageant+product to catalyst decreases as the distilation progresses.

4 Likes

I’ll show ya all some real “poop soup”!

4 Likes

I’m gonna move this back to testing/analytics since we’re back on topic

3 Likes

The fact that the whole damn forum is so invested in this conversation brings joy to my heart.

Clean :soap:
Up :up:
:alembic:
Aisle 4200!

5 Likes

latest

4 Likes

It appears that you all have called it right, and he is a lame. However, he is testing for toxins (and that’s cool and all), but how about stopping the flow by providing solid parameters for people to follow to avoid said toxins? That seems a little more important than pointing fucking fingers at people… Just my $.02.

4 Likes

I’m here…

5 Likes

10 Likes

:thinking: iontraps reddit went poof

You mean d8 Ben?

1 Like

Yeah, I still have a hard time following that connection and I know of that person. So you won’t have me say that.

I don’t even have IG and honestly I just find the notion that some random dude named Ben got singled out completely out of the blue. It’d suck to be that guy I guess lol. Internet collateral damage

4 Likes

I’m with you, I wasn’t a part of that. I had a hard enough time asking ion storm if he was associated. I still asked.

With that said, I’m just going to stick to facts.

1 Like

To be fair, the manufacturer did not say that. A budtender and some low level inventory managers said they don’t use any cuts.

I will say right now that retail managers know absolutely nothing about their vape cart formulations. Most just will say “we just use cannabis derived terpenes” because they’ve heard someone else say it before and assume the same. So I would not rule out the idea of there being any cuts. The MFG would be required by state regulations to disclose this information on the label but I don’t recall seeing if this was mentioned in the thread. They would not need to say exactly what it is but use of an additive would be posted on the ingredients.

If the staff did not have one of the old boxes in front of them then they are literally just guessing. Unless the head of extraction answers directly, assume you’re just being told what they think you want to hear.

The person who made those cartridges is a member here. If you really are driven to get an answer, he has posted on response to criticism about the cartridge hardware before. I cannot remember his username but he didn’t seem to want to hide anything. I replied but can’t remember much else from the thread. If someone wants to find the post with one of these cartridges posted then you’ll find the guy to ask. Im not invested enough in this topic to do that. If he doesn’t the cartridge for his brand then he probably also knows what’s going in the oil.

8 Likes

I truly enjoy being wrong. I hope this is one of them times :joy: :beers:

3 Likes

The irony how the person talking about gun toting law enforcement friends is now trying to hide.
I enjoy being wrong too, but it’s not a good look trying to cover your tracks when you’re the one targeting others.

1 Like

I cant disagree.

1 Like

So I had written this day before yesterday before I had reached my limit for a single-day posting.

It’s time for me to go home however I will very briefly say something from experience.

I have testified in front of countless health committees here in the tri-state area due to us being distributors of vape products. Something I truly believe in and I have donated a very significant amount of money to NYSVA to fight state and local county bans including NYSVA successfully getting them reversed in some places.

Showed up to a hearing in Westchester county where the school administrators claimed 31% of their 8th graders told them they had access to THC carts. They banned legal vaping products. I asked the chairwoman if she knew CDC just came out with a report today saying Vitamin E could be the reason in THC carts, not e-liquids that caused the lung illnesses. She asked me after having just announced the ban on legal vape products…what is THC? A reporter stood literally right next to us but I didn’t see them cover this.

In Nassau County, I asked for a refund for all the taxes I paid to the schooling system…if schools that are rated some of the best their administrators are testifying their students don’t know nicotine is addictive. When every bottle of e-liquid has that warning covering 30% of the box/label letting them know nicotine is addictive.

I am not a fan of false advertising or targeting teenagers especially with bad products but I also understand @moveweight this being personal…taken years of someone’s life away when nowadays sometimes you aren’t even ticketed here anymore for distributing THC carts.

Having said that…all these places overall banned legal vapes because the NY governor came out on TV and said…so what if the vapes are better than cigs. They target kids ban them outright.

It’s always been a shit show and before someone decides to call me out for selling cigs and cigars or cancer. Yes, I know my moral compass is effed up too. That is however the result of people who were meant to be protecting our health literally making it impossible to make a living trying to do something good.

Anyways good night guys.

2 Likes

@IonStorm thank you for your offer but quite honestly everything I wanted to know is within this thread.

I wanted a product tested for myself from a lab the community here trusts. I have multiple lab reports provided by the company however again I wanted something tested that is readily available to stores and not a seeded sample.

However all this mess recently I would have loved to send a sample earlier to @iontrap however now I am not so sure. I can’t see the said company producing such a shitty product that it would require him to involve law enforcement but the fact he will is just a bit uncomfortable.

I rather drop the product and have them get proper testing for their products before someone takes them to the cleaners. By all means…I believe they have taken lots of steps to make sure they are putting a clean product out in the market.

I just wanted to confirm on my own…I will randomly have the sample sent to KCA to get it tested.