Summary:

Overall (0=bad, 10=perfect): 6
Toxins: NONE, Olivetol detected at 0.25%
p-Cresol: ND
phthalates: ND
Olivetol: 0.25%
Solvent byproducts: ND
Abnormal CBD/THC: less than 2%
Meets legal D9: NO - well beyond 0.3% THC. D9 to D8 ratio is 15:1.

Referred to Law Enforcement: NO
Short Comment: Cake is the best C-Store product we’ve seen. There is a significant attempt to make good D8 here but it is lacking full purification to remove Olivetol. All other toxins are ND. The process has no air leaks. It has 0.25% Olivetol left in it which MUST be removed. There is no COA and no QR Code. If product has not improved in 30 days then we will refer to law enforcement. This product should not be sold in states where marijuana is not legal.

COA Accuracy (0=bad, 10=perfect): 0
Terpenes: Perfect. No contaminates
D8, D9, CBN, and CBG: D8 to D9 ratio is 15:1. That is for every 15% D8 there is 1% D9.

Batch # 10011

Our filename: DEA-CAKEV01

Sent to DEA: NO
Sent to FDA: NO
Sent to Marijuana Licensing: NO
Sent to Weights and Measures: NO
Sent to EPA: NO
Sent to Dept Air Quality: NO
Sent to Water Board: NO
Sent to Environmental Crimes: NO
Sent to Local Law Enforcement: NO
Sent to USDA: NO
Sent to Local Health Board: NO
Sent to DOJ: NO
Sent to AG: NO

Analysis and comments below

Main Chromatogram of entire analysis - 2.2hours. The main peaks are terpenes and d9-THC. Olivetol can be seen at 93 minutes.

No peaks of phthalates, Cresol. No solvent byproducts in entire spectrum. Every peak verified to be a terpene. Law enforcement could determine this is synthetic as the byproduct of D8 semisynthesis is observed as a trace compound.

Olivetol - an attempt was made to remove it. It would normally be present around 2%.

The TAC of the product. Our cursor is at D8. D9 is to the right. CBD and abnormals are to the left.

Conclusion: This was a true attempt at good lab practices. The Olivetol must be removed. The product lost points for:

Misrepresenting the D9 content
Selling this product in a state where marijuana is illegal.
Have no COA or QR Code
Having a small amount of Olivetol remaining.

We debated internally. As this was a good D8 attempt, we have decided not to refer to law enforcement if Olivetol is removed. We’ve offered two suggestions:

1. Remove Olivetol by adding a terpene in the CBD->D8 semisynthesis to react out the rest of the Olivetol. This has a benefit of making more CBD, hence, more product. See our posts relating to this solution.
  2. Remove through chromatography.

This product was a blind pull from a NYC store, fresh from a distributor.

We will continue to release results good and bad. We have had to hold back on some bad results and we are communicating with law enforcement and they are building their analytic arsenal. We are now assisting, where possible, local law enforcement to better understand the problems and the methods needed to run on their own analyzers.

We hope this cart is further cleaned up and we will report on it in 30 days.

We are changing our focus to smoke shop chains now.

DISCLOSURE: This cart was purchased anonymously. The manufacturer, packager and D8 facility was not contacted and does not know their product was analyzed. We are not in and have no interest in D8, D9, CBD or any other cannabinoid product. Our only interest here is to clean up the toxic D8 market. If you have a lead please send a DM. We very much appreciate all the leads coming from employees, distributors, scientists and people like you. Be safe and enjoy. We DO NOT ENDORSE OR RECOMMEND D8. We were not compensated for this analysis and we refuse to be compensated. We do not analyze seeded samples sorry only samples in the wild. WE HAVE NO INTEREST IN ANY FILLER, D8, D9 or cannabinoid product, reagent, or supply.

For law enforcement: We are setting up a email and FTP site for you to gather packages of information on each product. Our naming convention is:

XXXX product name
V = vape , E = edible
99 = product number

12 Likes

I was under the impression this was generic packaging anyone could buy and fill?

2 Likes

We have no idea. We purchased two of these and they came back pretty good.

3 Likes

What’s tac + total terpenes amount to? %
Just tallying up for what wasn’t tested :kissing_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

The file name is scary as fuck if I was making d8. But hey this looks like a pass in my eyes.

Looks like it’s not all poison. Let’s see more good ones. What was the tac??

I’d love to see some of our prestigious members getting a passing grade too so I can eat crow…

1 Like

im in before people say your a shill for cake carts… :joy: :rofl: :joy: :rofl:

4 Likes

When you smoke a whole ThePass cart, this comment will become valid. Lmfao :beers:

Fillers, random rec carts from MA, cake - I wonder what the common thread will be

6 Likes

Thank you for the information and suggestions. If you are going to do smoke shops is it possible to post the store it was bought at?? Seems many BnM are filling their own carts and putting it into generic packaging like this.

I am glad I came across this thread it’s nice to have you test another product @iontrap with a more reasonable stance in my opinion as your making an effort to help the brand make an even better product.

Cake has massive distribution reach within the smoke shops, vape shops, and c-stores distribution channel.

I haven’t looked at their earlier products however I wanted to share some pictures to move the discussion along as these were recent pictures. Some members seem to be suggesting Cake also has generic packaging which I wasn’t aware of. I am in NY/CT normally once a brand becomes popular regardless of what the product is…there are people who will start producing fake products.

@iontrap you mentioned multiple times there was no QR code or other info on the boxes. Please see the pictures I am attaching this could be their newer packaging. Just trying to help and clarify. I am NOT their distributor nor do I sell cake in any capacity at the time of this posting. However, in the interest of transparency, I might consider their products at some point if it’s proven they are putting out good quality products.

@IonStorm offered to help the other day I might actually send you guys a DM regarding a brand that you could possibly test again samples should be very easy to obtain from the Smoke shops in NY.

1 Like

@Distributionly in full transparency I can not accept any samples or test them on your behalf. My offer to help the other day was more along the lines to answer questions you may have about analytical chemistry or about purification of crude reaction products.

And to be clear, I do not work with iontrap and we are not associated in anyway

4 Likes

@IonStorm I am sorry about the confusion and again thank you for stepping up to help answer anything related analytical testing. I do appreciate it. I guess I just got confused from the infamous thread with so much back and forth between everyone.

@iontrap I did send you guys a private message in which I also tagged @IonStorm however I am sure if you like you can continue that discussion in private with myself…thanks.

All good

I’m here if you ever want to start measuring cannabinoid concentration in-house with HPLC, or want some perspective on GMP from a former pharmaceutical industry chemist

6 Likes

Man I had my popcorn out in The Pass thread but I’m over this.

IMO @iontrap is a hot boy bringing unwanted attention… saying they have 30 days to improve before they report is blackmail and not just observation at that point. Rubs me the wrong way… some guy on a forum thinking he can be a bully

8 Likes

Please send a DM. We did not see it.

1 Like