Inventing

Good question! Without me for sure!

4 Likes

:joy: depressing but I appreciate the humour

4 Likes

thats very funny, sounds like youā€™re tried of the industry, do you still have love for it?

1 Like

More tired is a good description, but tired of the industry is not the way I would personally describe it.

Sorry to say that at age 78, I donā€™t have nearly the energy or passion that I still did when I entered the industry at age 64. What a difference a decade and a half make closer to the tail (tale) end.

Iā€™m still marveled and amazed as new technology is unveiled, still embrace the first rate people I met in our industry, but also met some of the worst, so am more cynical overall from the experience.

A little like watching what happens at the gold rushes, once we cleared away the legal obstacles.

I had the good fortune to be retired and enter the industry at exactly the right time for my mechanical gifts and training to have the most impact getting the ball rolling under a legal OMMP license.

I continue to build toys for amusement, using what I learned in the cannabis industry, but expect the major advancements in cannabis processing to come from other industries who have been doing the same sorts of things with legal material for decades, and the bright young minds trained in the latest and greatest.

I still ā€œloveā€ the industry enough to continue to mentor on several cannabis forums, and as you can see by the following link, my experiments and articles still include cannabis:

https://graywolfslair.com/index.php/component/sppagebuilder/?view=page&id=4

17 Likes

Respect to you @Graywolf. Thatā€™s beautiful.

Itā€™s people like you that liason the body of knowledge to the next generation to pick it up and keep movingā€¦

I donā€™t know what the future holds for this industry, I suspect you are correct that the chemical processing industry will make it hard once federal happens, the future isnā€™t written and certainly uncertain.

I just hope the dreamers still get their chance to shine.

2 Likes

Remotes were off the shelf, Spektrum transmitters and receivers, had an aluminum and carbon fiber chassis, 8000kv motor, with 7.4v lipo, with an absurd gear ratio, fits in a shoebox, can crush 90+ miles per hour. The ratio was so tight I tried a 3 cell lipo, and it fried my electronics due to the gear ratio putting too much resistance into the system. It was a fun project. Built it from ages 13-23.

The thing practically shredded itself apart, I have it in perfect working order, and shelved it, once I got into racing quads, showing off my drones to some people in the park nearly landed me a job at DHS, I still wonder what would have happened if I said ā€œyesā€.

I used to have cool hobbiesā€¦

2 Likes

what did they want you doing at dhs

2 Likes

Thatā€™s what kept me from saying yes. :rofl:

I didnā€™t know that I would have agreed with what I would be tasked with, so I politely declined. Mind you this was during Obama and his ā€œprogramsā€. Somebody with my skill set would probably be tasked with surveillance and flight operations in one of those drone ā€œboxesā€ they stick people in.

Her hippy of a husband (and wonderful oil painter) gave me the nod of approval when I said ā€œI may have moral or ethical concerns with the work.ā€

They also gave me a sweet rug, really tied the room together, they were sweet people. They were cool neighbors, and this brought back fond memories.

1 Like

I found the old pictures!!

6 Likes

On a side note, I have wanted to take my knowledge of small electronics and apply it to utensils used in the lab. But the time and what not, maybe I will come up with my rough draft designs. Just gotta find the tinkering time, and monies to play with.

(Rubs hands)

ā€œIā€™ll show you nerds that I too, can nerdā€

3 Likes

This is the problem I have, always with dry ice.

1 Like

This thread just gave me a pretty cool idea that I think might help some disabled people out there. Thanks everyone :slight_smile: Ill let you guys know if I pursue a patent or just throw my idea out into the wind in a few days for someone else to make happen.

1 Like

Patenting things to help disabled people is kind of a scumbag Steve move

Unless you abandon the patent or license it for free

2 Likes

Wouldnt enforce it doubt it would ever be worth money to be honest but it would be cool to be credit as the first to think of applying the idea to help cannabis users. Iā€™d openly let anyone run wild with the idea if I do patent it mark my words. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Iā€™d love some sweet sweet handicap ramp royalties

I jest.

That would be an up hill battle

5 Likes

Fuck it Ill just say it apply the Parkinson spoon tek to a dab tool :slight_smile: Niche as fuck but might help a few hundred or thousand people across USA. Would love to see similar tek for other smoking accessories.

Grandpa had the shakes before he passed and Iā€™m sure heā€™d take a dab and enjoy the tool.

Dont think it would have been patent-able anyways? LOL

1 Like

Thats pretty neato.

Could you actually patent that if you wanted to? Itā€™s essentially someone elseā€™s tek just ā€œbastardizedā€ to the application

4 Likes

it would only count if it was a sniffing spoon, this is a dab tool

2 Likes

I donā€™t think it would be patent infringement, if it didnā€™t have a spoon, you could make the argument, youā€™d have to use a slightly different tek, canā€™t remember what the margin of variation for patents are.

1 Like