Intro to vape cartridge formulation and filling

Yeah, I use a mazerustar :sunglasses: -expert

1 Like

I have questions for you lol

Can you get a homogenous blend with room temp starting materials?

What are your run times?

What are the initial and final temps when processing?

Do different concentrates require different processing times?

1 Like

4 Likes

I know of people who weren’t able to hit metrcs 10% potency window on carts because they weren’t homogenizing and they were just mixing

1 Like

I could see it, any idea what batch size they were mixing at though? I’m guessing more than 2-300ml

1 Like

For those using ultrasonics to mix what procedure is recommended for filtering the oil and terp solution after mixing ? Its slow filtering vape at 0.2um

Also I use a microwave in 20 second bursts with mixing in between to heat up disty, its faster than a hotplate.

1 Like

Nope. That’s me.

As we’re playing pedantic semantics today…

Thread. Not forum.

Future is the forum.

You are in an intro to vape thread that had been dormant for a couple of years.

Asking questions is encouraged. Did you read the whole thread?!?

Is correcting your mistakes not helpful? Would you prefer to be misinformed?

You ALSO admit that you did a small experiment. Why get bent out of shape when your “small” is called “tiny” by someone who had been doing it for a bit. Notice the other experienced folks agreeing that “tiny is more forgiving”?!?

If you’re here to learn, then having someone point out that “you read that wrong” should not be railed against. unless it’s actually untrue.

I don’t recommend using an ultrasonic precisely because you have to filter afterwards

2 Likes

who got da microwave sop? lol

This doesnt make sense 0.84 grams per milliliter g/ml?
10% of 1000mg is 100mg so you weight 100mg terpenes per cart for 10% terps and 900mg for 90%oil by weight

(more practically you would divide the weight of distillate X you are using/mixing in grams with its decimal percentage of the whole mixture it, the disty, takes up ex. X/.90 to get total mix weight with the terpenes added if you want 90% distillate and 10% terpenes. then to get weight of terpenes by itself just subtract X grams from total. Ex. 100g disty/.90= 111.11g for final mixture weight with 10% in total terpenes added by weight, but to get terpenes weight in g you take 111.11g final mix - 100g disty= 11.11g of terpenes needed to make 10% terpene mixture with 100g of disty)

but 100mg of the terpene you named would be 0.100gá0.84g/ml (grams cancel (stoicheometry)) = about ~0.119ml of terpenes per cart to be 10% by weight

It takes aprox 1.19ml or limene to make 1g of limene if its density is 0.84 g/ml you need more than a ml to make up a gram, its lighter than water ( which is sometimes perfectly 1/1=1g/1ml)

Hopefully this necropost helps someone or atleast be a reference…

3 Likes

I liked your necopost lmfao

1 Like