Intra-lab variability

Damn literally got my thread hijacked and my title changed.

PEOPLE I HAD ONE QUESTION YALL BUNCH OF ADD MOFOS

did you or did you not see wierd results from SPECIFICALLY the lab ACS

Anyways never mind I guess lol

3 Likes

Killas the expert now bro just send it to him itā€™s easy seeeeesh

1 Like

You do realize that itā€™s not that strange for you to see a small variance. What you have to know is are you anywhere close to the actual result. Because itā€™s all based in calibration.

If your getting 12 results between 75-78% but the sample is actually 85% or 90% thatā€™s kind of my example.

Now if your getting 85-88% on 12 tests and the actual Sample is 85% then yā€™all are crushing it nice work for sure

We are waiting on validation samples so we can see how close we are but we just started. At least the result we are seeing are consistent. We literally just got the machine back from SRI getting it completely refurbished to new. We bought all our standards from restek and paid for overnight shipping so nothing could deteriorate even though they ship in cold packs. Calibrated literally right before running out test. We didnā€™t spare any expense so far to make sure what we are doing is somewhat technical.

Iā€™m not saying Iā€™m an expert like the dick above suggest. We have only done this 15x now. But In our samples, being they are 2-3 year old distillate. We would expect to see more cbn and we didnā€™t. Not to mention, the worst looking distillate I have was the highest potency.

We bought the machine to test variance and things like what weā€™re discussing.

We have about $9k into this. This is a small investment for a lab. You can blow up the chromatograph and draw lines where you think the peaks are. Itā€™s a lot of the person playing with the computer to evaluate what the graph is doing.

5 Likes

Ya I always wonder how much human error goes into all the testing horror stories we hear. And when labs say thereā€™s no way they are wrong when there are humans doing everything they doā€¦ is a bit astounding. Cause humans be dumb. We just canā€™t help it lol

1 Like

or even better, the human error is intentionally done ā€œfuk it! :man_shrugging:t4:ā€

experienced that a couple of days agoā€¦

2 Likes

I mean if you really wanna skew the data. All you need to do is understate the sample weight and itā€™s gonna read a lot higher.

1 Like

In lab workers defense, they do the same task repetitively so they tend to be very competent.

4 Likes

Assuming they actually care about their job and arenā€™t having a bad day or a shaky hand.

Most lab techs are paid shit wages and people assume they actually care about getting a proper result when in all actuality I bet they care more about how much longer they have until they can clock out and go home.

6 Likes

Not on the forum to much.
At scale and busy over here.

3 Likes

@Pegasus
Iā€™d really love it someone, anyone, could direct us towards proof of products made with your distillate.
Brands. Specific products. Anything. Maybe @moveweight finally got his in and can confirm it exists outside of the lab test?

As far as I can see, your distillate is more or less vaporware. That is not to say that you are lying, just that, in my sphere of knowledge, I have not seen proof to the contrary.

I, and I assume many others, would be interested in such knowledge.
Thank you.

8 Likes

Iā€™ve been sitting on my original sample and have a guy from town with his own sample from EU heā€™s trying nearby.

Iā€™m too busy to have a 3 day moment of being too high presently.

2 Likes

Last test from a 100kg batch. Just thought we would share.D8 Pegasus 2.pdf (101.5 KB)

2 Likes

i got a big bad homogenizer. The company says it can be used for cannabis but the main thing they are mentioning is to homogenize lab samples. from dry to liquid to human tissue. Are labs getting a proper sample size and homogenizing properly? Its simple to send 2 of the same at a different time. Id think that wold be sop.

Is that crude, or is that a finished distillate?

1 Like

92.8% would be the highest crude Iā€™ve ever seen. Thatā€™s mean. Lol. Itā€™s certainly distillate. Higher tac that a lotta people post here

3 Likes

Right whatā€™s the other 8 %? How come nobody has a liter in the wild?

Asking for a friendā€¦

2 Likes

Iā€™ve seen similar crude results, could continue the cyclization reaction during distillation and become non-compliant again

1 Like

your crude should easily be 90% after the reaction

1 Like

Not Crude @pdxcanna
This batch of final product actually came back higher.D8 Pegasus 1.pdf (101.5 KB)

2 Likes