Intra-lab variability

Mainly for D8 but for anything.

We would have a week where on Monday 100% of our our d8 tests would be hot after 2 months of failing maybe 3-4 times. And then the following Monday it would go back to not failing at all again

Or there’d be a week where 100% of our results would be 70-80% D8 when we hadn’t had a COA lower then 85% before that. And again the following Monday it would go back to the normal 90% range.

Just bizarre sequences like that where theres enough tests coming back that it isn’t just a random anomaly (we do 5-10 tests a week) but they would all fall within that 5-7 day window and then go back to normal.

Now there of course were the normal random wierd result coas that are to be expected when doing that many tests.

But every single time they did a retest it would confirm their results. And when I asked they told me no one else was having any of these issues. I’m like no one? You have thousands of clients there’s no way it’s just us….

But that’s what I’m asking here: has anyone had bizarre results or any kind of issues with ACS? If so what happened? Did they say that it wasn’t an issue with anyone else?

Just curious.

Thanks y’all!

Why not just send in an identical sample over a few different days and test the variance??

7 Likes

Happened to us we were getting 99.99% (from us and from clients which they were not aware) for a few weeks. 90% D8 9 D9. Stopped after a month or so. Now we are back at 95% or so.

3 Likes

I second this. If they give you back multiple different results from the same sample and can’t explain the discrepancy, then it might be time to start shopping for a new lab.

1 Like

I got a phone call the other day saying how awesome acs in FL was. The client kept saying how his d8 always tests near pure with them and zero d9

:no_mouth:

6 Likes

This is when you realize they’re a noob

I can’t tell you how many idiots I STILL argue with over this

Ppl can’t seem to understand that most labs have problems separating d8 and d9

4 Likes

I didn’t want to get into it. He had plenty to say about kca.

He kept trying to sell me d8 while purchasing equipment. Lol.

He called to make sure I was a real store.

4 Likes

I assume ACS is a bad lab just based on the fact that almost every single boot leg D8 vendor uses them, is this assertion correct? Shit, their CoA forms just look bootlegged.

1 Like

They are real, just don’t seperate d8/d9. Hence why people use them. They are the only ISO/DEA lab that does so.

2 Likes

There are a few of them. I’m not gonna talk shit on something I really don’t know.

It’s a bit suspect that the Pegasus trophy took so long to win but everyone has compliant d8.

Kca doesn’t do himself any favors with the stringent testing.

1 Like

:money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face:

1 Like

Any update on the Pegasus guys? I have heard some rumors… @kcalabs Are they still producing at scale/were they ever?

5 Likes

I left that all in kca hands. I just paid for the trophy.

Seems like we are all still looking for a real winner!

6 Likes

Not my material to talk about.

@Pegasus

4 Likes

4 Likes

Sounds like we start a new competition… :smirk: The unicorn award, I’ll put out 5k if it is published on the forums, KCA verified, and peer verified by 3 members on here.

Or 20k if you just sell it to me. Hah

6 Likes

XD fuck that. We need to have it in person.

Online clearly isn’t enough.

I did…. They said it must have been a different batch and “chain of custody” and that kind of thing.

I got hot test come back as not hot when I sent it in a month later and that kind of thing.

2 Likes

I would speak to an owner or a higher up manager. Any business owner shouldn’t want their business to run this way. Testing is only good if it’s consistent.

Sounds like it time for you guys to invest in some in-house testing….

1 Like

So I talk to people about this all the time. How is in house testing gonna help or be remotely accurate without spending a SHIT load of money if million dollar labs can’t produce consistent or realistic results ya know?