Intra-lab variability

I’ve spoken to the Pegasus guys. I know they were producing like 300 or so kilos a month at the time this was a month ago and were asking like 2500-3500 a kilo something like that. But I know they were scaling up.

Still havnt met a single person who actually buys from them or anything tho

3 Likes

Well when you pay your employee $15-20 an hour and expect them to care. That’s not the way business works. Obviously, some testing is better than no testing.

Seems like a lot of us have In-house testing for under $25k. So it’s not a shit ton of money in relation to how much money is in the industry.

3 Likes

Have we tested your material yet?

2 Likes

Because if you have irregularities on your in house testing, you actually have time and motive to investigate why… The third party lab doesn’t.

5 Likes

Let me explain what a 3rd party lab experiences 200 times a day: angry customers saying “how can you say my flower is only 20%, it’s super fire! Get it right or I’ll take my business somewhere else!”

When all you hear from customers is requests to arbitrarily make their numbers higher, it doesn’t put you in a mood to spend a lot of time retesting.

4 Likes

We don’t hear that. I appreciate our clients. Some of the smartest people in the business.

Watch out.

6 Likes

I imagine the people who say that probably left you a long time ago

2 Likes

We had a lot of one and dones, yeah. Wonder if they’re making that lottery pick money yet.

2 Likes

Alot of us? If you care to elaborate on in house tearing for D8 you’ve done I’m all ears. But from the discussions I’ve had and stuff I’ve seen my juries still out on how effective any in house testing is. Our neighbors had in house testing we did ALOT of testing with them and dialing it in and it still never seemed to be better then a rough 15-20% window thst the real results would fall between once it was officially tested :man_shrugging:

Very true.

We don’t have irregularities with any of our other labs.

Wasn’t the point of this thread. Yea that would answer the question. All our other labs have verified all of our concerns to be correct. I was just asking about people’s experience with ACS.

Just trying to keep the thread on track. We didn’t actually have irregularities. We just had irregular results that all 3 other labs agreed were not there.

Very true. I can only imagine the people they deal with every day. But when having a intellectual convo with a ton of data sets presented that’s a different situation typically no?

I would say that’s a little fallacious of a way of looking at it. If the testing lab’s results are also within 20% variance, then the number they gave you isn’t necessarily any more “real” than the one you produced yourself.

I am familiar with how most labs do potency testing. You can certainly do the exact same thing yourself, and i advise people to.

1 Like

That’s a valid pint for sure

Yes, if you come at them with something like “I sent the same sample to you twice in a month and you reported totally different numbers”, they’ll probably hear you out on that.

3 Likes

I did. They claimed chain of custody snd must have been a different sample. So I just kind of gave up. Was more just curious if anyone else here had experienced anything similar

Well if they won’t listen to you in that scenario i guess they’re a hopeless case. Of course my experience was in rec where METRC trail would have disproved such a claim.

3 Likes

Sampler here, things feel like a race to the bottom of the morals bin.

I keep hoping there will be some third party testing company to test the labs somehow. Like maybe you have to send out your dupe sample at random to another lab.

But right now I can name 3 labs out of the roughly 20 labs in the state that allow pay-per-point. And no slaps on the wrists even.

Being honest hurts.

Edit: recent article about some recent lab issues, like Praxis etc America’s Pot Labs Have A THC Problem | FiveThirtyEight

6 Likes

i would say there are about 15 people if not more with some sorta inhouse testing. There are several threads here. There are a few members that even work in analytical testing labs here.

We havent started testing d8 because we dont have any… We bought the standard to test for it.

This isnt rocket science. If they are getting 15-20% variance, thats nuts. On our first day messing with the GC and gastight micro syringes… We didnt see any variance like that… maybe we were being ultra presice because we really wanted to learn but with the exception from a dry injection or 2… We only saw our tests with a variance of less than 2.5 points from the mean… we ran about 17 tests… i think 1 dry injection with about 1/2 the thc and the rest of the tests were within a point or 2 on 80+% concentrates…

and we aint chemists or scientists… i really dont understand why people say this is really hard… you press a start button… push the syringe threw a septa and inject the sample… you try to repeat with the same timing everytime… its not hard…

The hardest part for me was seeing the sample in the micro syringe to insure i was injecting exactly 1uL

10 Likes

I can shoot you 2 specifically different D8 samples (1 sample being the Red Dragon), and I can also send a couple different D8 products. I’ve got some gummies, and tincture. I’d be happy to send you some D8, so you can try some real world testing. And we have comparative numbers to cross reference on the Red Dragon. I’m pretty sure the other D8 I have has also been sampled by a third party lab, so again, more cross referencing

1 Like

They have set the software up to output a different result with the same data, because the data collected isn’t perfect and these two molecules are so similar to each other that it can make the software analyze the data incorrectly.

1 Like