Internal Journal: Future's Pesticide Remediation Tek

CBleach is a small percentage carbon, and the remainder a bleaching clay. It is much less likely to adsorb THC because of this fact.

Are you using a polar solvent, like iso, to flush the column and recover your cannabinoids after the Heptane flush?

5 Likes

What were results?

Is the carbon solely for pesticide remediation? Does the carbon absorb cannabinoids?

I will have the materials available within two weeks.

3 Likes

Does anyone have a compiled list of pesticides with their correlated boiling points and which ones do and do not distill alongside cannabinoid fractions? Been slowly doing it and figured i would ask and hopefully save me a shitload of timeā€¦would be greatly appreciated!!!

3 Likes

Hey Garhundel. It sounds like you could use a little consulting with somone like the progenitors of pesticide remediation. Fortunately, I am one of those people. To answer some of your other questions; C-bleach is citric acid activated montmorillonite (bentonite) clay with I think 5 or 10% activated charcoal (carbon). Both of these things can acidulate a watery solution, so that means ethanol or other alcohols with water in them or water itself has to be used at some point in the process to actually affect pH at all. Putting citric acid in a solution of resin and n-alkane, for example, does nothing but get solid citric acid compound in your product after evaporation of the n-alkane. When water is not present, pH does not exist! However, any effects from pH shifting before losing the water may persist, such as color changes, density changes, etc. @OilArt @Future et al. And yes, @Trevorb2 , pure clean metallic copper is the easiest and least destructive way to remove sulfur and sulfur compounds from your resin. You can apply it any way you like, but it is not done with sulfurous remediation until it stops turning black or other colors, and it stays shiny copper lookingā€¦ so if it all turns colored, take out the colored stuff and add fresh clean copper. Copper surface is best conditioned using water and citric acid, then rinse well with water and vacuum bake or at least allow to dry before use if necessary. (alcohols can handle a little water, and it may actually help speed up the copper reactions with sulfur compounds, but doing it dry in an alkane, for example, works just fine, too). Any private questions can be directed to my private messages here (I think) or to my instagram account, via DM.

27 Likes

Yes, actually. I do have one such an incredibly useful table for pesticides in Excel. I do not know if it has b.p. or decomposition temperatures on it, though.

2 Likes

No, Sir.

If you scrub the distillate post degum with excessive amounts of CBleach while in an alkane, then flushing said solution through a magsil column, then distilling again, the Distillate often comes over pink. With all things equal, but using less CBleach, typically ā€œwater clearā€. Using a digital probe, with a ā€œuniversalā€ fill solution as suggested in this Thermo Fisher publication I get a more acidic reading from the excessive CBleach scrub vs the lesser one. Does this mean there must be water present? Perhaps it came from the CBleach that i didnā€™t dry?

6 Likes

10% carbon in that blend, for reference.

1 Like

The Cbleach blend has a moisture content of 11% according to the CoA. The water expands the matrix during manufacture in order to make it more active and some moisture is eventually attached to the matrix. @Photon_noir has explained how that works to me a couple times but Iā€™m 30% neanderthal so my grasp is partial.

8 Likes

Are you washing with pH 9-10 saline post the acidic wash?

1 Like

That is ā€œgumā€ oxidation. See the posts on degumming.

Have any insight on why washing with an alkali solution helps prevent the pink/purple? Saponification of triglycerides also makes them saline soluble, but why didnt they disassociate in the acid wash?

With @Photon_noir permission Iā€™d like to start a new, degumming thread that opens with his wonderful explaination

2 Likes

@Future Not sure which one you mean, but point me to it and I can copy it and start a new thread, or I can post it here so you can move it toto a new topic with the link reference left here.

1 Like

Wanted to share the results of our pesticide remediation work using the Acron Journal Process. It worked brilliantly. Thanks to @Future Please feel free to review.

The resin we started with was not good quality and as such the THC is very low. The important thing we needed to note was the Pass on the chemical residue analysis based on California standards.

https://www.cannalysislabs.com/CS?id=36337&sc=unT070gv

9 Likes

Thought Iā€™d share that weā€™ve seen this happen in cartridges a few different times. Once after the ceramic wick was primed at the factory with a peg400 (thought theyā€™d used pg) and we did a secondary prime with mct on top of that. The distillate oxidized around the ceramic within a few hours. Another time aciddentally primed with vg. Large bands of discoloration aross the bottom/ coil intake holes. Also happens all the time in jars. Top brown band 1/8in deep.

2 Likes

Do you have the COA for the material prior to cleanup?

1 Like

I have COAs, before and after for all of our initial trials, Iā€™ll post when I have some time

2 Likes