Internal Journal: Future's Pesticide Remediation Tek

I’ve done up to 1000g of distillate:500g of magsil.

That’s from lots of experiments

10 Likes

Typically 2,1,3,4 in order of potency

3 Likes

Would sulfer carry over in terps you think?

1 Like

I believe that sodium carbonate would work well.

Probably… Copper is the mover for sulfur remediation

6 Likes

We followed the pesticide remediation process described in Pesticide Journal Entry to remediate some very clear distillate of pesticides. Afterwards we were left with a very light pink champagne coloration of the previously clear distillate. Does anyone have any ideas why?!

Attached are before and after pictures…

5 Likes

Have you tried a pH test? I’ve had this occur before and just needed to balance it.

5 Likes

Are you saying a pH test of the distillate?

Pinks and purple’s are often indicative of pH issues. I need to add a section about monitoring pH to prevent this

16 Likes

That would be helpful. Once it is in distillate state how do you change the pH?

I just tested the distillate with heptane in it and is at about a 6.2 pH. Any thoughts?

A quick update on our process. We are attempting to clear the color out of our heptane distillate solution. We have run it through cBleach twice now. Can anyone comment of the effect of activated charcoal on overall coloration? I have heard differing points of view on this?

1 Like

from what ive read and experienced activated carbon just isnt specific and will absorb thc along with a broad range or coloring agents but for ur purpose that might be acceptable. i dont process large amounts of distillate so im only talking about experience in clarifying beer/cider/wines and ethanol winterizations of co2 oil.

1 Like

Does anyone have any pesticides that seem to bypass this tech? I am having issues with Bifenthrin and Permethrin seeming to not decrease to a passable level? Is it something i am doing wrong somewhere along the process?

7 Likes

For reference, the bleaching clay in Cbleach has a pH of 3 before interacting with solution. @Photon_noir has the technical data for how that all works.

On another line, have you tried our enzymes for degumming prior to pesticide remediation? The enzyme should break some emulsions and help the clay remove oxidation products more effectively.

4 Likes

Can you provide any details on “Photon”?

Instagram handle, @photon_noir and I believe that’s his handle here.

1 Like

Those 2. Next step is reverse phase @Shadownaught

4 Likes

In addition to making distillate from scratch using flower/shake, we are doing pesticide/insecticide/fungicide remediation on first path SPD distillate for a number of our customers.

Our goal is to produce a medicine like Rick Simpson Oil without any toxins so it will pass the new California BCC regulations while minimizing our material loss during the remediation process.

We are experiencing a larger than acceptable loss of material during our process. We are seeking input in refining our current SOP for pesticide remediation to reduce loss of material.

We start with a clear, pale yellow, oleoresin that requires pesticide remediation to meet the new CA regulations.

Our current SOP for removing pesticides from this clear Oleoresin is as follows:

1. We start by dissolving the Oleoresin in Heptane in a 4:1 ratio.

2. We then brine wash the solution per the SOP published in the Acron Journal for remediation of pesticides. We are using a 50 liter reactor from Lab Society/Across International for this purpose.

3. We use CBleach per the Columbo Labs SOP for Wet Bleaching.

• Our question here is whether or not this step necessary since the color of the starting material is very good?
  • Secondly, could we just use the Activated Carbon portion and avoid the loss of product due to the use of CBleach?
  1. We then use a Chromatography Column filled with MagSil to filter the solution. We use a 1:1 ratio of 1 gram Oleoresin to 1 gram of Magsil
  • Is this too much? We have read that you used a 4:1 ratio of Oleoresin to Magsil. Did you have good results?

Thank you for you assistance in this matter.

4 Likes

Terpenes DEFINITELY carry over myclobutanil and several other pesticides, per my experiments utilizing the original form of this tek we developed on crude rather than on distillate. I had to test that side of the equation.

Same conclusion here. I’m only recommending remediation of first pass or better distillate

Do you think terpenes could be utilized as part of a remediation solution?

2 Likes