Internal Journal: Future's Pesticide Remediation Tek

If you scrub the distillate post degum with excessive amounts of CBleach while in an alkane, then flushing said solution through a magsil column, then distilling again, the Distillate often comes over pink. With all things equal, but using less CBleach, typically “water clear”. Using a digital probe, with a “universal” fill solution as suggested in this Thermo Fisher publication I get a more acidic reading from the excessive CBleach scrub vs the lesser one. Does this mean there must be water present? Perhaps it came from the CBleach that i didn’t dry?

6 Likes

10% carbon in that blend, for reference.

1 Like

The Cbleach blend has a moisture content of 11% according to the CoA. The water expands the matrix during manufacture in order to make it more active and some moisture is eventually attached to the matrix. @Photon_noir has explained how that works to me a couple times but I’m 30% neanderthal so my grasp is partial.

8 Likes

Are you washing with pH 9-10 saline post the acidic wash?

1 Like

That is “gum” oxidation. See the posts on degumming.

Have any insight on why washing with an alkali solution helps prevent the pink/purple? Saponification of triglycerides also makes them saline soluble, but why didnt they disassociate in the acid wash?

With @Photon_noir permission I’d like to start a new, degumming thread that opens with his wonderful explaination

2 Likes

@Future Not sure which one you mean, but point me to it and I can copy it and start a new thread, or I can post it here so you can move it toto a new topic with the link reference left here.

1 Like

Wanted to share the results of our pesticide remediation work using the Acron Journal Process. It worked brilliantly. Thanks to @Future Please feel free to review.

The resin we started with was not good quality and as such the THC is very low. The important thing we needed to note was the Pass on the chemical residue analysis based on California standards.

https://www.cannalysislabs.com/CS?id=36337&sc=unT070gv

9 Likes

Thought I’d share that we’ve seen this happen in cartridges a few different times. Once after the ceramic wick was primed at the factory with a peg400 (thought they’d used pg) and we did a secondary prime with mct on top of that. The distillate oxidized around the ceramic within a few hours. Another time aciddentally primed with vg. Large bands of discoloration aross the bottom/ coil intake holes. Also happens all the time in jars. Top brown band 1/8in deep.

2 Likes

Do you have the COA for the material prior to cleanup?

1 Like

I have COAs, before and after for all of our initial trials, I’ll post when I have some time

2 Likes

Awesome, I appreciate it greatly! Excited to try this method in the lab in the next couple of weeks.

This may have been talked about but this is a long feed and I haven’t read it all.

Has anyone tried rotoing all the etoh out, then decarbing. And then adding in water like 50/50 amount vs material in roto… spinning that at high temps. Then removing water and repeating… from what I’m told this somehow will knock down pesticide content.

7 Likes

I’ve found the saline scrub to reduce certain pesticides, so that seems like it should be viable?

4 Likes

Ya, just how viable :man_shrugging: Just a concept I heard through the grape vine

2 Likes

I think it was the 1 tablespoon of Magsil per kilo of Oleoresin we added to the Shortpath that made it come out like this.Later trials showed that with 2 tablespoons of Magsil per kilo of distillate in the shortpath resulted in waterclear.

12 Likes

I’ve tried it several different ways, and was quite unimpressed.

If I am guessing correctly, the OP is smokemeoutbruh on IG, who said it works for sure because the distilled water “smells like myclo”, without realizing most of the “myclo smell” is petroleum distillates that are likely there only to emulsify the myclo into the water. He has also in years past, when most people in the industry were unfamiliar with chromatography, claimed that cannabinoids will not move through a chromatography column at room temp, and that I would need a jacketed column with heating. So take the advice with a grain of salt as needed.

1 Like

Magsil or magnesium oxide?

1 Like

Really? That sounds weird… but then again I’m not a chemist… just a smart non classically trained engineer

3 Likes