Instant ice cream? Retrofit your (no longer) worthless co2 extractor

Do you have a $300k co2 system that you can’t figure out what to do with anymore?

Infuse some thc into a lipid base

Instant ice cream!

Let’s see you alkane extractors touch this.

And people said co2 is dead.

19 Likes

This is the best product a co2 system has ever made.

I will take a quart of vanilla bean.

15 Likes

Lmfao

Just tell the investors that lactose is the new hype cannabinoid

5 Likes

Oh the amount of millions in co2 machines just sitting not running as im typing i can only imagine, i can think of a baker’s dozen just off the top of my head

8 Likes

I was joking at first…

But there’s a business in here somewhere…

5 Likes

Co2 isn’t worthless this is straight from the machine…

2 Likes

That’s the highest thc ice cream I’ve ever seen

11 Likes

If my ice cream isn’t 87% thc I don’t want it

7 Likes

Do you gotta decarb first?

1 Like

Correct

Just a weird off topic idea… But has anyone tried running their co2 at decarb temps?

Do your terp pull first at cold temps. Then heat it way up to 120c or whatever.

I’d imagine you’d run into issues with your seals and stuff expanding. But I’d be curious if you could get your solubility much better that way.

Works no problem on ours, just not really worth the time on the expensive machine versus an oven

1 Like

If you decarb your biomass your terps are 70% gone tho, I guess you can fill then empty then fill

Yeah I mean decarb in the machine does have the advantage of not boiling off terps and they don’t really oxidize because there’s not much oxygen in the system if you sparge after loading. Plus, bonus solvent!

Also, load, pull, extract some other way seems to be what most people are doing with theirs. Other than the select few who make really nice vape ready oil out of the tap. Not great throughput but it’s a hell of a lot fewer steps

1 Like

Maybe just fill the tube and get it at 120c with the jacket, let it sit for a couple hours. Then push through.

Just have to worry about pulling a bunch of shit soaking like that unless you’re well into gas phase. I’m not going to pretend I don’t have a bunch of 20l collector vessels rated for 1000psi kicking around that are going to make awesome reactors

2 Likes

If you dry your cannabis you lose 80% of the terps the living plant had. Why you so worried about 70% of the last 20%? Decarbed cannabis smells like hay, but if the extract is being mixed into ice cream, why would one want most of those terps anyway? I’ve seen disty make the most amazing medicated ice cream, maybe some of the best ice cream I have ever had (and ice cream is unequivocally my favorite “food” to ingest)! I’ve also seen raw crude make some absolutely atrocious “ice cream”.

3 Likes

A few months ago I had an Elektra MCT blend that paired well with Vanilla bean slow churn. Theres a lot of potential in the absorption efficacy of cannabinoids and dairy - maybe a remix of Cherry Garcia with some nice sub crude and a ice trike?

We fill run terps, pull out, decarb, repack and run for oil. But we make cart ready oil for vapes

2 Likes

Fascinating.

Would it make sense to have a dual tube system and just decarb with hot liquid/gas and hold for a couple hours? So you don’t need to empty it?

Then run your terp run on tube number 2 while tube number 1 cooks?

Rinse repeat

1 Like