Inline 0.5micron Sintered Filter

Some product is ran through CRC but only enough to create bright yellow slabs, these slabs typically come out more stable then stuff that isn’t ran through crc. These slabs usually are the ones with the least amount of sugaring issues. We always complete a crc wash and spray off a few fluid ounces to ensure we don’t have media in our extract (CRC is 1um sintered disc by AMP)

1 Like

Best way to keep that squirt valve/spout clean?

1 Like

Clean it after every run from both ends with solvent of choice.

3 Likes

Rule of three. Clean it once. Then clean it again. Now it is clean. So clean it again.

9 Likes

Have you ever opened or closed a valve that wasn’t hooked up to anything but previously used and it had a tiny bit of pressure trapped in the valve so it made a quick hiss? That small gap can trap vapors as well as sugars. More than likely that’s where the source is coming from. Even if you clean it, it’s hard to reach back there so its possible some micro sugars get left behind and even the smallest crystals will cause nucleation. I usually soak my valve in ethanol, pull it out and move the valve handle, then let it soak a bit more. The slabs that sugared up can be redissolved and you can go for shatter again once you fix the issue.

3 Likes

How is it spraying out? Are you reducing the solvent down to emit as little pressure as possible so that it just falls through the spout? Also are you cracking the spout and it’s spraying out, or is it coming out like foam.

Personally, I’m not a fan of the spout for slabs for that same reason, but that’s just my personal opinion.

1 Like

We reduce just enough for the oil to fall from the spout as a liquid and foam as it his the sheet with enough solvent to spread the slab a bit. I felt like when we reduced too far it caused more agitation coming out of the spout. Currently using a 70:30 blend nbutane:propane. The end of the spray off seemed to cause sugar nearly every time.

Nucleation starts from the center?

If you can leave a little bit left in there and let it fall out with more liquid and try to shut the valve before the very end, maybe that’ll help.

It starts in random areas, but noticed it a lot more often on the last slab sprayed off.

We began to leave the ass end in the collection column and just run right on top of it. The whole thing is very strange and i always come back to liking the ol fashioned pour off from honey pot much better for shatter. The unit that we pour off from very rarely nucleates on us. If it does its typically due to oven temp.

1 Like

Same things would happen to me. Sometimes it would start right in the middle where the spout was. Other times it would be all over. I would pour instead and I wouldn’t have problems.

1 Like

Even though this may remain a mystery I greatly appreciate your feedback brotha! Keep killin it.

1 Like

The Grateful Phil, Cool filter, had not seen this one before! Thanks, Greg

1 Like

Ive been thinking about getting a splatter platter with a spout. Whats stopping me is the fact that you still have to disassemble it to clean it so its kinda redundant. And getting that platter back on must be a pain on a rack.

1 Like

Could it be the sheet that the oil is purging on? What are you guys using?

Hi,
easy way to load a heavy platter onto the base of a mounted collection pot:

1. connect your vacuum pump to the lid of the collection pot and turn it on.
  2. mount the gasket to the platter.
  3. lift the platter up under the collection pot and place the two sealing surfaces together.
  4. wiggle the platter until the gasket seats, the vacuum pump will hold the platter to the spool with tremendous force.
  5. Now you are free to work with both hands and assemble the high pressure triclamp, and torque it.

where the pour spout is good

1. crude/ bulk production where material is not important and everything is combined. This allows bulk runs and frequent dumps of resin throughout the day. Alot of crude manufactures don’t clean their machines often.

2. thc recrystallization, the mother liquor is easily recovered through this valve.
    This allows easy pours into miners or jars with less fuss.

Where they don"t work well:

1. small runs where yield is small, resin hangup in the pot/ valve makes it kind of pointless for one run.

2. lots of runs of different strains where keeping them separate is critical.In this case you would have to clean the entire thing each time.

3. people who recover all of their solvent from the pot in the extractor. you will need some solvent to keep the resin liquid, otherwise the holdup is massive. You can get the resin to flow with lots of heat, but that kind of cooks your hash…

6 Likes

Basically you want the random mix of molecules in the slab rather than molecules that begin to arrange themselves into crystals. You can accomplish this by decreasing their mobility to join with their fellow brethren by removing anything that will decrease the stability, terps, waxes, solvents, ext.If you have any nuculation points prior to this you will have sugaring as well. Try messing with the oven heat, do a batch at 90f 100f 110f and see what you get.

1 Like

best thing I’ve upgraded on my system hands down. I swapped the 6" platter with one of these and added a valve underneath. The stand isn’t as tall as I’d like and I had to run a 90 off the output so the valve would fit. Works so nicely though

I went this route because I was tired of having to open tri clamps while I was trying to open and pour for crystallization with a bit of residual solvent in there… I would always have a few psi and it wasn’t the safest way of opening the system.

They have a jacketed one too that has no stand so it can be rack mounted, but figured I’d post this up in case anyone without a rack is looking for a spout. I leave about 5psi in there when I open the valve and it comes out really quick and clean. I still need to open it up to clean it, but I clean it every run anyway so there’s not much of a difference there.

1 Like

I can’t believe I never thought of using the vac pressure to pull the base up, that’s genius.

Thank you for that.

6 Likes

We currently use parchment sheets. We have tried disposable ptfe sheets and re-usable ptfe sheets as well. The re-usable ptfe sheets would eventually get creased and were a pain in the butt to clean after each use.

Laboratory jacks are pretty awesome for assembling a platter on a rack mount and are handy to have around.