Infused Oil

I have been infusing coconut oil with described weed , and making potent gummy bears with great success. Today, I decided to infuse using weed that was not decarbed, and then decarb the resulting oil. The results are not as good. Any thoughts?

The quantification of good vs not as good tells us absolutely nothing about what is going on with your process.

You should start by describing your process. Methods, time, temperatures, ratios, etc., are all needed to tell you anything about what may or may not be happening. Also, what does “not as good” mean? Tasted bad? Wouldn’t set? Looked funny?

There’s also a ton of threads on gummies. Have you read them and seen if there are others experiencing what you have? I honestly can’t give you that answer because I only know that you make gummies and that this batch didn’t turn out as good.

Edit: I have a guess about what’s wrong with your new batch, but I want to know more first.

voices from the cheap seats suggest there was water in your oil, and you didn’t use a thermometer. so you never hit decarb temp.

as @Akoyeh is typing: tell us what you did…

1 Like