Infused Jerky?

So I’m up here in Montana brainstorming for some summer selection. A fellow colleague of mine says we should try some infused jerky, “camp vibes and hella Montana,” he says. Now going about this, I’m thinking you gotta do a infused sauce or rub that will go on the jerky and stay there as opposed to marinating it. Thoughts?

2 Likes

I would grind the meat up and infuse it with distillate and seasonings put it in a jerky gun and lay some strips on a dehydrator and bam Infused Jerky! Using steak jerky and a marinade method seems like it might be more of a hassle.

6 Likes

Agh, I see. So essentially have to make your “own meat” concoction to ensure that the infusion dosage is not lost. You are probably more free to experiment with different meats and flavors that way as well…

2 Likes

Yes it’s just easier all around. If you have a fleet farm or cabelas I would start there with some prepackaged jerky seasonings unless you have experience with creating your own already.

2 Likes

it sounds like it can work but on a small scale. I dont see alot of people regularly eating weed jerky but it could work while camping for sure. does cabelas/bass pro sell cbd products? YET. They have a tv show with a owner of the store like that and they have buds buds selling weed too.

2 Likes

This used to be a product in Colorado back when dispensaries first opened up but then the Colorado Department of Public Health and environment shut it down.

You can 100% do it. The best way would be to infuse a glaze/marinade. the glaze would probably be the most accurate. I would be careful though because I feel like this isn’t a more widely made product for a reason. Which is probably why it got shot down by the CDPHE back in the day but who knows.

5 Likes

Digging in online, I think I read about that. So that’s definitely a big concern. This would be a small batch item as opposed to a big production.

Think exotic like haggis or mountain oysters. Chased with infused shots.

2 Likes

@james2pro was already thinking of utilizing “Rocky Mountain oysters”

2 Likes

Accurate dosing has to be the hardest part, I can think of tons of ways to put weed in/on food, none of which are really measurably dosed. It could only be for funsies.

2 Likes

Harbor freight 5 gal spray gun and a 50x50 tarp

I can make 50,000 packs in 20 minutes.

Kidding. But my first step would be to go with an oil based marinade that soaks into the meat and I would treat a pack as a serving. IE each pack gets 60g beef jerky and is 100mg per pack per serving

3 Likes

Chevy Chase is probably available for marketing

2 Likes

Jerky disc maybe? So its easier to dose for end user idk lol tbh i guess just get a bag of jerky and spray mct + disty on it

1 Like

“Do not eat the brown strychnine, people. It’s cut with acid”.

2 Likes

My buddy owns stone aged edibles in California check them out https://instagram.com/stonedagejerky?igshid=1jmcp15tx86l4

2 Likes

Why not point at their website?

https://www.stonedagejerky.com/

1 Like

Just use ig more he posts more content on there