Infused honey?

Hello all. If I use a magic butter, can I put honey, powdered sunflower lecithin and distillate, and run like a 8 hour cycle, do you think that would emulsify? Or do I need liquid lecithin? I need to make some kool aid tonight, and powder is all I have. This has been edited.

1 Like

No butter machine needed…

5 Likes

I have no idea if it will emulsify. somebody on here was saying that the best way to infuse honey it is by first dissolving your distillate in alcohol. Then heat and mix it will emulsify. I’m pretty sure he said don’t use lecithin. Powder lecithin will work fine for gummies but soar in water first maybe mix one to one with water. If you throw the powder straight in with the gummy mixture it won’t mix well in my experience.

I’m making kool aid, not gummies

Well what the fuck does that say? :point_up_2:

14 Likes

I apologize. It was supposed to say kool aid. Lol apparently I ate too many gummies lol

1 Like

smh

3 Likes

I used to make this tincture with decarbed trim and everclear (190 proof). Put mixture in mason jar then freezer, shaking every day. Can then take the infused tincture, strain it, and then mix with sugar. Then I would burn the alcohol off the sugar via oven (my friend did double boiler). The sugar is then infused and you can use the sugar for any recipe. I would normally just mix some kool-aid, the infused sugar, and water to make some infused drink. Can also just add the sugar to coffee, tea, etc.

1 Like

honey is very ez to infuse, if THC. but heating your honey to long is not ideal.

Heating or storing honey for long periods of time will increase the production of a toxic substance called 5-hydroxymethylfurfural (HMF)

2 Likes

I’m glad your cool.

Thank you so much.

1 Like

Man, I was making gummies also, I just got my hairs crossed. I want to say thank you so much. Your gummy sop is amazing and so helpful. You are a true bad ass for sharing such detailed information.

1 Like

Its right on there website.