Info on THCV

O Yes that be Nice
Please report your bio essaying experience😁

2 Likes

My buddy with the “lost kingdom” crosses is getting between 3-5% thcv on his flowers and its definitly coming from the Zimbabwe Landrace genetics

5 Likes

Didn’t read the the thread. Only a few stains have an amount worth pursuing. Based out of south africa land race.

3 Likes

Still available? sent dm

Almost al african landraces are thc v
Rich soutafrika Malawi and Zimbabwe highland s are all good starts
We have even found some marrocan strains rich in thc v but don t know their origin

3 Likes

Here is an extract we use for vape. Crystal Resistant.

6 Likes

Yo, did you ever get that iso for testing?

Check Olivetol feedstock.
All varins have been synthesized apparently.
Time for clinicals

Almost three years ago.

I’ haven’t gone very far into that so it’s just a place to look

2 Likes

Can I acquire a few?

Me too, let me show you my results.

1 Like

the total cannabinoids don’t add up…20% THCV and 20% THCA? but total is 33?

that’s THCVa…

edit: never mind. you’re right, that math is wrong. no clue what they’re doing.

4 Likes

THCV is not an isomer of THC.

2 Likes

correct…and I never said it was!

read it again…

If it is an isomer , then the response on an FID is going to be identical to delta 9, having exactly the same MW and number of (catches fire in the FID) carbon atoms.

Which means that the 45% “wtf is this?” I got on my very first SPD run can indeed be quantified.

Until now it was not “identified”. It’s still not, until I run a known 10/10a and compare it to that jar from long ago.

I said I had a mystery peak with a similar retention time to THVC.

chances are that peak was delta10 THC, which is an isomer of THC.

IF that guess was correct, the quantification would also be correct on a GC/FID, because all that does is count carbons.

1 Like

I was more so clarifying with the OP, but to your point- yes. Just wanted to throw that clarification out there, as there seems to be a misunderstanding about the chemical structures/properties of the molecule.

Gotcha. My bad.

@Rowan asked that a while back, and somebody should probably have pointed out that removing a carbon does not qualify as “isomerization” before now.

1 Like

Im no expert synthetic chemist, but the synthesis would be the same as d9THC but instead of using olivetol as the precursor one would use 5-propyl-resorcinol.

2 Likes

has anyone produced a feminized seed of strawberry cough that comes close to the original?

1 Like

Correct. 5-propyl-resorcinol, aka divarinol would be condensed with citral to yield THCV. 3-hepten-2-one is what you’d use for the total synthesis of divarinol instead of 3-nonen-2-one for olivetol.

I synthesized divarinol and condensed it with geraniol to produce CBGV. I then carboxylated it to CBGVA and fed it to THCA synthase to produce d9 THCVA, or to CBDA synthase to produce CBDVA.

CBDV can be isomerized to d8 or d9 THCV using the same methods as CBD to THC.

17 Likes

What’s your educational background? Looking at getting a second degree.

1 Like