Info on THCV

Well that is rather anti-climatic… I look forward to some legitimate medicinal studies on this materials so we do not have to discredit our own industry by making anecdotal claims.

10 Likes

do we even have solid data that we’re dealing with delta 10/10a?

last time I looked (six months?) we did not seem to…

4 Likes

Not that I know of. Would love to see some inkling of hope!

C&EN News has this schematic on synthesizing analogs of cannabinoids using Tsuji-Trost conditions

https://cen.acs.org/pharmaceuticals/pharmaceutical-chemicals/Natural-extracts-synthetics-square-off/96/i46

Tsuji Trost information

https://www.organic-chemistry.org/namedreactions/tsuji-trost-reaction.shtm

3 Likes

Go read the delta 10a thread, it’s been verified by NMR and several other testing procedures. Were pretty sure we figured out the catalyst too. I’ll be trying to make some next week

1 Like

can’t find a “10a thread”.
lots of hits though…
http://future4200.com/search?q=Delta+10a
http://future4200.com/search?q=10a
http://future4200.com/search?q=Delta+10

I’m assuming you mean the Delta 10 THC thread YOU started three weeks ago?

I see you’re convinced.
I don’t see hard data.

care to link it rather than just tell us you’ve seen it?

edit:

which is helpful, but not the primary data.

I’ve seen Steephill call it delta10, which seems like a fairly solid indication that that is what we’re looking at.

4 Likes

Much of this information is proprietary at the moment, as a lot of time and money has been invested surrounding delta 10. We have NMR results (1H, 13C, NOESY, HMBC, COSY, HSQC) and further analytical work is being done. If you’d like to see spectrograms, be willing to sign NDA and send me a message. I’m hopeful that we can release the info soon enough, just making sure all fronts are covered.

4 Likes

Theres your answer, I’ve seen the data I just dont have it and cant disclose it. I signed the NDA. Talk to @extractepic

4 Likes

Works for me guys.

Like I said, last time I took a look at it, folks still seemed to be guessing.

I’ve made it and can quantify it if that’s what it be.

I’d need @QGA or @Photon_noir to walk me through the nmr data anyway, so I’ll let one of the DM about that NDA :shushing_face:

1 Like

You are making people sign NDAs to look at your spectroscopic data?

4 Likes

@QGA Until we finish our own analysis of all the data we’ve compiled (more than just NMR) and have a plan moving forward, yes. Just covering our bases since we’ve invested a lot.

@cyclopath if you’ve made it and can quantify it, then why not post those results? We have been making it for over a year and haven’t found a lab that can quantify it, since there isn’t a formal standard yet.

Infinite Chemical Analysis and a few other credible labs had hypothesized it was Delta 10. Others have no idea or mistook it for CBC. What licensed lab can confidently quantify this isomer currently without a standard?

Okay send over the nda to qgaconsulting@gmail.com

1 Like

If it is an isomer, then the response on an FID is going to be identical to delta 9, having exactly the same MW and number of (catches fire in the FID) carbon atoms.

Which means that the 45% “wtf is this?” I got on my very first SPD run can indeed be quantified.

Until now it was not “identified”. It’s still not, until I run a known 10/10a and compare it to that jar from long ago.

I could get to the jar & GC, but neither are in my daily purview at this point.

I totally wrecked my first run. I can admit that. I did not take pictures of the event so I could share them on the internet :rofl::rofl:

If I’m remembering correctly, it ran faster (shorter retention) than delta 9, the computer suggested it might be THCV…

HPLC confuses it with CBC, and there, not having a standard means you don’t know how much UV it absorbs compared to delta9, so you can’t quantify it.

??

5 Likes

The effect of five day dosing with THCV on THC-induced cognitive, psychological and physiological effects in healthy male human volunteers: a placebo-controlled, double-blind …

Amir Englund, Zerrin Atakan, Aleksandra Kralj, Nigel Tunstall, Robin Murray, Paul Morrison
Journal of psychopharmacology 30 (2), 140-151, 2016
—-
The diverse CB1 and CB2 receptor pharmacology of three plant cannabinoids: Δ9‐tetrahydrocannabinol, cannabidiol and Δ9‐tetrahydrocannabivarin

RG Pertwee
British journal of pharmacology 153 (2), 199-215, 2008

“Δ9‐THCV behaves as a potent CB2 receptor partial agonist in vitro . In contrast, it antagonizes cannabinoid receptor agonists in CB1‐expressing tissues. This it does with relatively high potency and in a manner that is both tissue and ligand dependent. Δ9‐THCV also interacts with CB1 receptors when administered in vivo , behaving either as a CB1 antagonist or, at higher doses, as a CB1 receptor agonist.”

Neural effects of cannabinoid CB1 neutral antagonist tetrahydrocannabivarin on food reward and aversion in healthy volunteers

Luke Tudge, Clare Williams, Philip J Cowen, Ciara McCabe
International Journal of Neuropsychopharmacology 18 (6), 2015

“Our findings are the first to show that treatment with the CB1 neutral antagonist tetrahydrocannabivarin increases neural responding to rewarding and aversive stimuli. This effect profile suggests therapeutic activity in obesity, perhaps with a lowered risk of depressive side effects.”

Mention in this paper is a previously approved in Europe CB1 antagonist Rimonabant. It had issues with mood alteration and depressive thoughts. Cannabinoid receptors are very important to our mental state as well as things like appetite, pain regulation, and temperature regulation. These are great targets for medicinal benefits but we need to be careful with testing isolated minor cannabinoids in humans. Most are probably safe but with the rise of semi-synthetics and the known issues with full agonistic and antagonistic analogues, we need to be careful and test these substances in humans safely and ethically.

All papers I source from google scholar, any paywalled papers are accessed with sci-hub

9 Likes

I had a test come back with a little bit of thcv recently. I was intrigued by it.

5 Likes

I’ve worked with it at a high ratio, 60/40 THC-V to THC. There’s going to be a commercial source for vaping very soon.

7 Likes

I had some strawberry cough come in with 4% thcva and 1%thcv, just recently, it was some fire.

3 Likes

Know who makes the seeds? That sounds dank😋

Its in an in-house cut from where I works grow they’ve had it for a while, I believe it’s one of their originals. Ill ask more about it though, can’t wait to run it again.

I’m surprised no one mentioned Doug’s Varin https://www.californiacannabinoids.com/?fbclid=IwAR38rno3jeIu6rGE03yyENW_NbMy_XJEEZW28O6mPg5-OVHYF0j_I34nn1o

THCV vape pens

3 Likes