Infinite CBD Terpene email - regulations?

1 Like

Lmao you ppl will smoke anything someone says is safe without proof.

You do realize they’re studying how much formaldehyde, acetaldehyde and acrolein there is when combusted

This does not mean your lungs can absorb mct.

Or its safe to vape

Show me a cart that burns at 230c too

4 Likes

never smoked mct, pg, vg or acetate or any other diluent for that reason not going to either😊 just knew i had this laying around and add to debate.

lie I tries e juice once when I was drunk, overheated that sucks and puked

1 Like

Same here, only thing I add to my carts is terpenes.

Even those can be dangerous though if dabbed too hot.

2 Likes

@Dabatronicus

here’s something
look up a terpene on there if you wanna read more about how terpenes change the high.
I may have to look more into it, but my understanding also is that myrcene crosses the blood brain barrier faster and easier then thc, and also binds with thc, causing thc to more readily and quickly cross the blood brain barrier, therefore modulating the effects. I’ll have to find a link.

1 Like

I’m reading this whole paper this is seriously fucking awesome

1 Like

Infinite has ben using synthetic terpenes in their droppers and iso.
These synthetic terpenes(not derived from cannabis), are toxic and harmful to the human body when ingested. They’ve been selling this to consumers for 3+ yrs.
Instead of being honest, they panicked and sent this email in a tizzy…hence the MAJOR typo in the title “TERPENE”. When the legal and honet thing to do would be to issue a recall and inform their consumers that they’ve been essentially poisoning them!!!:rage:

1 Like

Yes this have been the prevailing theory for some time.

However, if you take myrcene, linalool, humulene, caryophyllene etc and blend them to match cannabis profiles and mix with THCA and other cannabs, it does NOT provide the same modulation as high quality cannabis flower

This suggests there are other compounds provided modulation then the known terpenes

It could be other factors like boiling point changes with different mixtures affecting the rate of vaporization of certain compounds, it could be interaction with known compounds and unknown. So many possible things it’s hard to say without further research.

The key to research is capturing the volatiles causing these effects properly which steam distillation of flower, CO2 fractioning, or short pathing cannabinoid rich extracts absolutely do not do well.

1 Like

Totally. Compounds like apigenin for instance, a flavonoid found in cannabis and chamomile tea, it’s responsible for the sedative effects of chamomile and is basically impossible to extract without the use of a hydrocarbon solvent

Problem with flavonoids like apigenin is their high boiling points,

If they were causing the modulation, they would be easily captured. However, the substances causing these effects appear to have extremely low boiling points

Its not really modulating the cannabinoids so much as the high. It seems to me that some substances may directly affect how the cannabinoids are absorbed/react etc. while some change the “high” by adding their own non-interacting drug highs. For instance, myrcene is supposed to bond with cannabinoids and cross the BBB quicker, while a substance like apigenin doesnt seem to directly modulate like that, but has it’s own drug effects which may change how the overall “high” feels (weak ligand for cental benzodiazapine receptors and has been shown to have second-order positive modulatory activity at GABA-a receptors.)

3 Likes

The problem is strain correlation, the compounds causing modulation of OGs and Diesels for instance are very light and cause modulation from smell alone, showing they are high volatile compounds,

If you smoke pure THCA and then smell high quality flowers, it’s apparent which ones cause modulation and which do not

1 Like

@Dabatronicus Some modulation should be notable like that, some not (myrcene, for example, is supposed to bond with thc, creating a unique modulation, while also having it’s own effect of sedation)
That sounds like a fun experiment though :slight_smile:

I would agree on the diesel varieties. Has anyone ever noticed that the overall terpene content on most of these strains is comparably low for how rank they smell? I’ll see Chems and Diesels come in just over 1% terps then Gelatos and citrus strains at 3% total terps that don’t even compare. This is across several phenotypes and two different labs. My theory for a while has been that the gassy strains don’t get their smell from terps but instead different types of way raunchier smelling volatiles

3 Likes

Try it, it doesn’t do what you want it too.

If these Terpenes actually caused the significant effects we see, people would just be adding them to shitty bud. They don’t, so people dont (yes I fully know assholes do but it would be more common if it actually worked)

@stoopkid yes sir, that is in line with my observations as well

I call it “the funk”
@Dabatronicus
I’ve seen and smoked quite a few lower thc higher myrcene content cannabis before that hit me harder then lower myrcene higher thc strains. I’ve smoked plenty of indicas that hit me right away (i believe from myrcene in large part) and others that were creepers and had low myrcene. I’m not going to convince you but there are papers out there that talk about this effect specifically. Terpenes do have modulatory effects from everything I’ve seen and experienced, adding them to shitty bud may not do a lot, they may make a decent difference. I wouldnt try because it would taste off. I can say from experience that different CDT added to distillate greatly change the high, and makes me feel higher in certain ways depending on the strain. Works with steam distilled cdt which have very little content outside of terpenes. People are definitely adding terpenes to distillate to modulate effects, similar concept to adding to shitty bud. I’m not sure what you mean by “it doesnt do what you want it to” though. I wasn’t discounting the things you have noted, just trying to add that there are different kinds of modulation happening at the same time. Just because you can notice modulation from smelling something after smoking doesn’t mean that all modulating effects can be experienced like that. Are you saying you don’t believe that myrcene modulates in the way I was describing?

My experience has shown added Terpenes(not HTE, I mean steam and CO2 CDT) to not add much if any effect for me, while cannabis flower and HTE still provides modulation daily.

Pure myrcene added to distillate or thca produced the same effect for me then without.

Isolated myrcene polymerizes also making it bond less to the thc theoretically. In the cannabis plant’s thricomes normally it is bonded to thc among other things, which may explain why it would work in hte or bud and less in steam terps and other low cannabinoid content extracts. I cant say for sure, but I do know that I notice the supposed myrcene effects when I smoke bud high in myrcene, but I find most extracts provide very little modulated activity. Only really terpy dabs make me feel strain specific effects, for sure. That said I have some steam terps of a blueberry skunk that are supposed be indica dominant. The terps smell like lemon candy but it gives me a more pronounced relaxation then other terps. I definitely find myself getting more high off distillate with any cdt in it vs none, but even most hte doesnt give me the same modulatory effects as the strain it comes from. Dont get me wrong, i know there are modulating effects that do not seem to go by the current script.

1 Like

You have a great perspective on the issue, it’s so complex but we can definitely figure it out with enough effort.

Being able to replicate a profile and have it provide that modulation would be game changing. It would provide consistent, repeatable effects that people could rely on.

The current market changes so frequently with profiles and quality, it’s hard to get the same strain twice in most markets. Unless you grow your own, you are unlikely to see any consistency. If we could provide that, it would help so many.

1 Like

Yeah, there are maybe no true breeding cultivars even, outside landraces, and even with them they’re not the same chemovar every time 99%+ of the time. Certain multi-generation growers have done it to landraces, but I only know of a handful by name. None of which are available in seed form commercially to my knowledge. Thank you though. I am always interested in learning more about cannabinoid modulation too.