Industrial Scale Processing

we would be interesting in working on this project. we have done bulk build outs and have work on large scale extraction and processing facilities. we also design and build-in house-distillation systems that can handle bulk distillation of ethanol and its recovery and purification prior to re-use

2 Likes

Room temp is what I was going to recommend. The time frame is just too short to do it right though. 12 months is realistic. 4 is basically impossible with the current apparent experience and knowledge level.

2 Likes

Yeah like I said before best put your boots on boys cuz the bull shit is deep in this one. :joy:

2 Likes

The problem is the fabrication of custom equipment for a project like this doesn’t happen overnight. I know the LNR units they need for the mobile side are 8-12 weeks out in a perfect word. The rest of the custom extraction equipment is another story especially if it needs to be certified. I’ve said it before anything is possible with the right plan and team to execute that plan.

1 Like

I was more thinking along the lines of 30k acres of greenhouse

500m isn’t enough for 30k acres of GH.

2 Likes

Yeah for sure like how they hell they gonna do that in Vermont were it’s like 17 outside?

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: do the math You have the distillation units for 1000000 liters Yes one million liters of ethanol every 24 hours :rofl:

6 Likes

I agree the post is unusual but its about 11,000 gallons an hour and we could build a unit that can do that. I Agree -are they really going to do that-time will tell

1 Like

So what sort of electrickery loads are we looking at here?

Or would just circulating the cooling water from a small nuclear power plant be more appropriate?

How much 10C well water would be needed to cool that hot mess?

5 Likes

Doh! :blush:

When you say well over, did you bother glancing at the math?

I know you’ve got it close at hand these days…and it’s probably a simple multiplier on calcs you’ve got burned in permanently at this point.

1 Like

Yeah, I plugged it into my electrical estimating sheet I built for my ops… but there are a ton of unknowns when it comes to energy consumption numbers. A very quick back of the envelope came to about 4500A I think, using standard tech.

But that was also using the 18000 lb/hr number. So for 350,000 you’re looking at something in the neighborhood of 100,000A.

Or about 10-15 of the largest generator skids caterpillar makes, as a minimum. Ones that are way bigger than the ones we used to use in the oil patch for drilling rigs.

8 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: in 4 months

2 Likes

If most of the equipment was kept mobile it would just be a matter of sourcing and availability.

I think everyone is over looking the first step…30,000 acres of greenhouses lol

4 Likes

:unicorn::unicorn::unicorn: :wink:

Are You also serious ??:weary:
A trailer to be mobile must not Carry more than 25 metric tons
So 40 trailers for the ethanol
Another 15 trailers for electric
Another 4 trailers for the diesel of the generators
probably another 20 trailers with extraction equipment
20 trailers with Ln2
1 trailer with tools
At least 4 cranes and bulldozers to have your plot ready and equipment setup
And probably another 80 trailers for extra solvent for the first 72 hours
Now Yes we have 200 trailers and deep load trailers we are MOBILE
Not a shed for personel or Any thing so in the end its 300 trailers most probably and 60 trucks a day for supplying this Mobile town

9 Likes

So we’ve got more than one site member offering to purchase spent biomass.

How much heat can you get out of the huge pile of ethanol soaked, spent biomass processing on this scale produces?

Or maybe you’re better at it, and you’re getting 99% solvent recovery. Either way it will burn :wink:

Question is, do you have the Joules (BtU) to set it on fire & power the still?

1 Like

maybe as a fiber supplement or feed it to cows??

CO2. Extracted biomass is sold to petfood producers that i know of