Indofabs C.R.C & BHO Color Remediation Tek

Its hard to swap columns without swapping medea also. That causes channeling unless you can isolate your medea under vac.

Ty Shadownaught and carbon chemistry for your generosity.

5 Likes

Like wise!

Now the only thing I can think of an issue is with predone cartridges is the fact that some people run larger runs or some material needs more powders then others, so maybe a small plate say about an inch tall and you could stack multiple on top of each other so you can get the desired amount of media.

Iā€™m not forgoing the idea of this I think it would just be hard to make a one size fits all with over sizing it for some or undersizing it for others. But please absolutely kill it and make this a easy convenient thing Iā€™m so tired of the mess :sweat:

I already have a machinist working on drop in cylinders so we can just swap the media with out needing to tear off the spool every time a repack is needed.

4 Likes

Has anyone mentioned packing the majic media at the bottom of the material column then packing material right on top to keep from swishing around to help stop channelingā€¦ run filter paper and normal filtrate under material column

2 Likes

Dump the spent material and spent media in the same garbage bag when done

One variable I donā€™t see often mentioned is how tightly people are packing their media. Given the success with filter stacks, Iā€™m not sure if 100psi+ is necessary, but uniformity sounds like a huge variable. Would just manual packing with a dowel rod suffice? Asking before I spend a bunch of money at the machine shop making custom ram rods that can be used with a hydraulic press.

1 Like

Dowel wouldnā€™t be even enough. Try doing that with the silica

2 Likes

And it would need at least some pressure to keep it in place. It didnā€™t stay put when I was using the arbor press and that wasnā€™t very hard pressed

2 Likes

I used the fliter plate and a screen under it to pack filter stacks. Heavey duty clamp and impact gun.
The screen helped out a lot.

Loose pack worked good also. Psi started about 70 to 80 slowly open valve until it stabilized at 30 to 50

2 Likes

So far all of my runs have been loose packed, but I do run solvent through the filter stack to wet the bed prior to running my material column through it. I have an ironfist hydraulic column packer, I can use to pack the filter. Iā€™ll give it a shot next round. Iā€™ll do a couple hundred PSI. Can go up to 4K PSI, but fear a clog.

2 Likes

Do you run tane through your powders before you run your material

If so your powders are gasses tane causing your push to channel. Just do your run with dry piwders

1 Like

@Dred_pirate Picked this guy(6ton) up at harbor freight. Think we can get em packed with it? :grin:

9 Likes

Hey guys. I know a few of you have run some with and without filtration comparisons. Even for those who havenā€™t what kind of yields are you guys getting out of these trim runs?

Anyone done a nug run yet?

I ran 1lb of smalls, lil buds to small to go out the door. But i nvr get big yields. Trim was about 10-11% after filtration only had a 1-2% lose on trim with 1 push

1 Like

Anybody get anything like this thinking I need a smaller micron filter

1 Like

What um paper are you using

20-26 um took the oldest trim in the vault and got this color first pass through t-41 silica only kinda weird consistency looks like sugar .

1 Like

I start with a 25 um screen on top then load my powders on a 11um papers. Then a 5um filter disc and finishing with a 2 um screen

Silica 60 has multiple diffent sizes in it.
https://www.amazon.com/Millipore-1-07749-1000-Sorbent-Preparative-Chromatography/dp/B00ECL7T16/ref=pd_aw_sbs_328_2/141-7639153-2269341?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B00ECL7T16&pd_rd_r=f2fa3bed-2b7e-11e9-888f-47f1b1d850e8&pd_rd_w=xySnz&pd_rd_wg=wD7ux&pf_rd_p=aae79475-6dc9-4a12-80e8-27b63108fa72&pf_rd_r=SC82VEKZB35SSFRJT51N&psc=1&refRID=SC82VEKZB35SSFRJT51N

3 Likes