Indofabs C.R.C & BHO Color Remediation Tek

I run my tane at -105f and all i noticed is that it took a bit longer. But my tane to oil ratio is quite high

3 Likes

I was thinking about your comment about a week ago and itā€™s got me wondering. What solvent to material ratio are you using when your running with a 140f degree material column?

Also are you using butane to do this or some other solvent?

1/1 media to oil ratio? I wonder how well this could work. It would definitely need to be re-extracted with a solvent so maybe it could work like dry loading in chromatography the difference being that weā€™re dry loading onto an active media as opposed to the standard celite or florisil .@Shadownaught

1 Like

Iā€™m going to try this tek in the next day or so on a smaller 10p machine move to four 6x48 tubes than to atlas material columns. I got activated alumna, achromizing clay, silicate pulver all from summit, carbon chemā€™s mag sil or and silica 60a. I use 90#solvent to 30-33ps material. Isobutane only. Isobutane is king imo
Iā€™ll report back with the results
Iā€™m going to be using older crude biomass

5 Likes

Why is isotane king?

@Shadownaught Iā€™ve been very curious about using synthetic resins as another powder to try in the filter column, have you guys at carbon chemistry looked into synthetic resin adsorbents?

Or are they cost prohibitive to anything but research or analytical applications?

https://www.purolite.com/product-type/adsorbents/adsorption-for-polyphenol-removal

Same molecule but different shape! Can still use almost the exact same solvent ratio as pure n-tane but a noticeably faster recovery (because of its lower boiling point).

5 Likes

Yeah Iā€™ve got something Iā€™m working on there.

3 Likes

Good to hear, is what your working on more geared toward introducing a more comprehensive line of pesticide remediation medias?

No that would be mostly color again. MagsilPR is pretty damn good at what it does.

3 Likes

magsil PR lenticular cartridges? Ertelsop/3m/heyes/Harrington

Terpene adsorption could be another direction u could go with this, from what Iā€™ve read about these resins theyā€™ve got good desorption characteristics so maybe theyā€™ll have potential to help separate terpenes from the extract without destroying them with heat.

1 Like

ā€œI got activated alumna, achromizing clay, silicate pulver all from summit, carbon chemā€™s mag sil or and silica 60a.ā€

Use all of those.

From top to bottom

silcate stuff 1cup
Alumina 2cup
Silica 60 2cup
Achromizing clay 2.5cup
Magsil PR 1cup
Silikate stuff 1-2cup.

At the bottom of each column.

Thatā€™s pretty much twice what I run except for the magsil. Which I want to try too, just because. And more clay because your material is old ,so I am making due for the extra chlorophyll itā€™s going to put out.

8 Likes

Just straight remove everything but the thca and just put out mass quantities of diamonds, or ditsy. If it could remove terpenes . We could precipitate it in pentane and that would be extremely easy.

8 Likes

I wonder if purolite is open to giving out samples :thinking:

Iā€™ll give it a whirl for crude prep if they are.

1 Like

Sent em an email so weā€™ll see.

1 Like

Thatā€™d be tight

Im also concerned that since itā€™s a polyacrylic resin it may not like hydrocarbons, but I didnā€™t know for sure so I also asked them about the PAD950ā€™s chemical compatability as well as whether or not theyā€™ve got a product that fits the bill for our application.

2 Likes

Iā€™m sure they wonā€™t take notice to the hour it was sent and specific application. Haha. But, letā€™s hope t will react well in hydrocarbons

1 Like

Lol your definitely right about that Iā€™m not expecting a response until at least tomorrow morning but i excited at the idea. :grin: