Indofabs C.R.C & BHO Color Remediation Tek

So the amount of each items you put - is for 10lbs biomass… if I’m running 30 - would I simply just multiply it by time 3?

I’m using a half cup measurements. Once I get it dialed in I’ll have weights of each media to use for each size of run. But I’m sure it’ll be different for different materials.

3 Likes

I used two cups give or take of each besides t41 and celite and by the 18 pound mark the results were diminishing

I’m going to use 3 cups of each and see where that goes

1 Like

What solvent you guys using?

Pure n tane

4 Likes

Isobutane

4 Likes

The pictures in my post was a total of 40lbs, but ran in 10lb increments to see the color difference each 10lbs. I’m going to be doing 2 x 20lb runs with the amounts I listed. You should be getting great results with 30lbs. You could add 100ML of each item to be a little safer. But it should come out like the pictures I posted.

4 Likes

Using about a 50/50 iso-butane to propane mix.

3 Likes

Silica can be used with any solvent. However when the solvent is methanol at 10% or greater then the beads can form a colloidal and pass as though it were disolved in the solvent. Technically silica is not miscible in methanol but some will pass a filter if mixed like this. I have seen no similar reports about ethanol but admittedly do not use ethanol in my home so do not know from observation how it would fare but evidence suggests it works fine.

5 Likes

I think it does the same with ethanol, but not sure. It “looked” like it was dissolved, but I could be entirely wrong .

Just load a column and pull through a few hundred milliliters of ethanol then allow to evaporate at room temp in a container that will show silica. That will tell.

3 Likes

I know you’re right.

:joy::rofl::rofl:

I’m sorry officer, I’m running my bike on hemp based ethanol…I didn’t realize it would go faster.

4 Likes

For sure thanks for the data brother . I’ll input these number in and try to get some good result . Keep you all posted .

2 Likes

Kenny I’ll also try your method after I try dred tell. Hopefully I’ll have results for you guys and everyone else soon . Once I do I’ll post them .

Any seen this? This is only showing up on my first run on the cartridge, it’s like a sugar type consistency slab was under no agitation. The other two runs I did on the cart came out like glass any clue?

5 Likes

Have you considered it may be something finally making it’s way out of the silica gel?

You used the same filter for multiple runs right?

1 Like

I don’t believe it to be that case because this is the first run I’m thinking it could be dust from the celite. I do I pack it around how many runs I do in a day.

1 Like

I wonder if putting a filter plate packed tight with t5 right beneath the bleaching column would stop be an effective way to stop those small bits of dust, or if it would just cause it’s own dust problem.

1 Like

@Shadownaught recommend pre washing the powders but I don’t think anyone is. I even have a 1um sock beneath it.

1 Like