Indofabs C.R.C & BHO Color Remediation Tek

Ah, I see. I was just wondering about the dead space in the filter stacks between each stack, but maybe I’m not totally clear on how those stacks go together. I’ve been planning on putting together a pressure filtration system myself for my etoh extractions and now that I found this thread I’d really be interested in seeing how this works for etoh extract that’s been dissolved in heptane. Maybe start with a 1.5"x12" column like @710ST suggested.

Would a shop press like this be overkill for packing the column?

1 Like

Soxhlet uses a press to compact filter powders

1 Like

I would like to use a better press, too. I ended up filling the space in between the plates. I would like one deeper so it could all fit in one

1 Like

`Preformatted text

Pvpp did seem to grab anything
Magnosol looks like it took the most
Silica 60 grabbed a little
T5 grabbed some stuff also

Ill post pick after slab settles
Ill post next push in a hour or so

Looks canary yellow.
Ill be doing a sleeve without powders also

7 Likes

Did it make it look yummy?

Please try alumina in place of magnesol to verify that high pH is affecting absorption of that color body group.

3 Likes

It turn pinkish/red, I’ve been using it

3 Likes

So anthocyanins selection?

9 Likes

I’m guessing so. I can keep using it and make sure to pull some out and take pictures.

3 Likes

Trying t41,silica 60 and magnesol this time. Looks beter this time

Has anybody tried to vac pack powders yet

10 Likes

Looks awesome!!! @sonicgardens

2 Likes

I swear I remember wax talking about drying some the powders more and everything… Go for it, for the Tek!

2 Likes

Hi all. I’m wondering if anyone has tried milling/mixing the media in with the biomass? Might get better overall coverage. Not open yet but I will try next week. Stoked on the community all the cool people here.

1 Like

He bakes his bentonite, possibly under vac, before he uses it

4 Likes

i second that please let us know once you have a fabrication ready to go.
could you make a separate thread to avoid all the scrolling and lost in the conversations.

3 Likes

Do you have spare filter plates, until you get one?

1 Like

This pour is prettier

Magnesol
Silica 60
T41

Should have turned off the flash

13 Likes

yes i do. about 2 or 3 [4in] ones.

1 Like

Play around with those until you get his. I really want to get one of his but I use it in two places and sizes.

3 Likes

Hell yes!

3 Likes