Indofabs C.R.C & BHO Color Remediation Tek

Dont you extract with butane?

Youā€™re the shit. I definitely enjoyed the schooling. You are greatly appreciated for your input

9 Likes

I only use butane and I enjoyed this as much as you all didā€¦now letā€™s level up this tek

26 Likes

Iā€™m wondering how you accumulated that much chlorophyll from filtering butane extracts.

How many times did you use that filter before it got to looking like that?

1 Like

Mine looked very similar from a single run

1 Like

I didnt use a coil to pre chill my butane before it hit the column and I opened up my molecular sieve and forgot to bleed it so the vapor pressure blew all my beads when I opened itā€¦only had a few left to replace them that time :(ā€¦so my butane had a lil moisture

7 Likes

I wonder if moisture content in the butane will have an effect on the performance of the silica gel layer.

Maybe make for better affinity of the polar molecules? :thinking:

You are stalling with the clay, then flushing it through the celite, correct? In theory, my plan to go in the second chamber to warm up for an allotted time then flushing, is roughly what you want to be doing?

No it just passes throughā€¦The clay only makes contact for maybe 60 secā€¦I stalled before and noticed no differenceā€¦added heatā€¦also no differenceā€¦passed twice through same cakeā€¦that increased effectiveness

11 Likes

Also I noticed better color retention when I used more butane to increase dilution ratio

9 Likes

Interesting. I can make a stack right after my dewaxing filter and have it all happen right thereā€¦

7 Likes

Yea lol so easy a caveman can do it

9 Likes

You guys got clear using other stuffā€¦Iā€™m curious how some of those will work when I add to my steps

7 Likes

I like drying out the clay prior to useā€¦ Do you use it warm, or chill it again in a sealed container? Iā€™d be worried if it was warm my buchner might break from mixing such a cold solution with a warm media.

I was designing a cake on paper yesterday trying to decide what and why and in which order. Keep in mind Iā€™ll be working with an ethanol extraction, but much of it will be somewhat similar. Also, my process is not part of an inline system.

Iā€™ll do initial extraction, and filter it over grade 1 filter paper to remove any pass through plant material or other large contaminanta.

Then Iā€™ll add enough ethanol, based off the maximum projected oil weight, to ensure the solution is not super saturated going into winterization by bringing it to at least 10:1 etoh to oil.

After a 2hr dry ice freeze, hoping not to crash any thca during this time period, Iā€™ll filter over grade 1 filter paper again to remove the majority of fats and waxes.

Iā€™ll add, pre-dehydrated(ty @Waxplug1) t-5 at a percentage of ?%(any thoughts guys?), directly to my flask of winterized solution and mix the solution while bringing it slowly up to about 60Ā°F, but more if @Photon_noir or @Shadownaught can suggest a good temp with this ethanol solution.

After mixing Iā€™ll let the solution settle and decant it into my filter stack starting with celite, then passing into activated alumina, then mag-sil PR, and finally another stage of celite.

Iā€™ll repeat the bentonite mixing and filter stack until itā€™s either clear or causing no noticeable color improvements.

At the end Iā€™ll pile my used bentonite on top of my stack and flush the whole system with fresh etoh to recover any retained cannabinoids that can be washed back into solution.

Then, and I mention this since we have been discussing slabs mostly, Iā€™ll recover the majority of my etoh via a countertop alcohol distiller, and throw it into a heated vacuum purge. I imagine my final steps, being somewhat rudimentary will impact my final color, but Iā€™m hoping not by much.

2 Likes

The silica will definitely help

1 Like

@Waxplug1 since you still make yellow products and you say your customers like yellow shatter. Whatā€™s the biggest complaint you hear or have personally?

And the real challenge should be who can take the shittiest material and clear tek it!

To even further add to this post. Iā€™d really like to know now if magsil pr is used like this. Can we butane pesticide remediation like this as well.

13 Likes

Even with etho try to not go to far past 30c or so. To keep quality of the initial extract.

How hot does that counter top unit run at?

I would think so, dred is using cheap magsil and it seems to be effective.

So the PR grade stuff should work better than that.

While the color tek is awesome. Imagine if you can remedy hot material like this. It would literally open up millions of doors for equipment already in use and available cheap.

Think about this. Not even worrying about the color. Just dumping a pesticide riddled oil mixture threw a whole long column of magsil pr and seeing if it removes the pesticides effectively. This could be done to crude so cheap.

This is just scratching the surface

10 Likes

78.5C for alcohol distillation with it. I donā€™t think it sets lower than that. I havenā€™t had a chance to use it yet, but I was never going to be able to afford a rotovap rn. I initially approached ethanol extractions with the intent to decarb and ultimately make carts.